SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2022 in .40 S&W Experiences ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 in .40 S&W Experiences ? Login/Join 
posted
I am strongly considering buying a new 2022 in .40 S&W and would love to hear as many first hand experiences from you owners of them ( .40 only please ) as possible. Have you had any functional issues, have you had to return it, the number of trouble free rounds you have through yours, etc. ?

Many thanks.

Posts: 52 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son has one. His only problem was it not wanting to cycle when he first got it. Problem was he had not greased it and it was -10 outside.

No problems after that. Shoots great.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did not have an SP 2002, but did have a SP 2340, the earlier model. The weapon has only 700 rounds through it, but flawlessly so. This particular Sig was a DAO (due to LE use). The Glock trigger was preferable to the long pull of the Sig DAO, so the switch was made.

Posts: 134 | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I got my 2022/.40 at Christmas time. I’ve only put about 100-150 rounds through it so far, but it is awesome. I put the Galloway adjustable trigger in it, and it made a wonderful tool even better.

I’m still a big fan of the .40 S&W cartridge, despite the recent trend of it falling out of favor with the FBI and other major law enforcement agencies. It’s a reasonably powerful, soft-shooting cartridge. I have five pistols in .40 cal., so obviously I like it.

No problems with mine so far.

I plan on buying another 2022 in 9mm eventually. The 2022 design is one of Sig’s most under appreciated achievements.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned a SP 2340 in 40 S&W. About 1100 - 1200 trouble free rounds. A little large for concealed carry. I thought it handled the recoil of the 40 S&W pretty well. It was an accurate reliable pistol. I am not aware of any issues with them. I wish I had of kept it.

Posts: 252 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
SigPro original never an issue with 40sw or 357sig barrels. Last SP2022 in 357sig had to go back to Exeter to fix failures to feed. It was a one trip fix. I think they just polished up the feed ramp.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nothing but good things to say bout the one I owned. Accurate & reliable. Feed everything that it was loaded with.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own a 2022, but several 2340's in .40. They work.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank you all. I have begun investigating a source for a best deal. I may start a WTB thread here in classifieds as well.

Posts: 52 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like many have already mentioned I don’t have the SP2022 variant but the SP2340 instead in 40sw & .357sig(barrel swap). I really don’t shoot mine much anymore, it’s been years. Regardless it’s a solid shooter but I own more than a few .40sw handguns I prefer shooting over the sigpro in that cartridge.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
A very well balanced firearm Big Grin. I sold my Blue Line 2340 because I had found another 2022 in 40. I still regret that a little. Haven't seen a Sig pro in a local shop for several years, that's probably a good thing. Good luck on your search.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put almost 10k rounds through my 2000-era 2340. Loved it. Ran 100%with a very smooth trigger and excellent accuracy. Wish I still had it! Only complaints were the proprietary rail and small tritium inserts in the sights.

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a lightly used Sig 2340 .40 S&W the Monday before the Super Bowl. This past Monday I traded into a Sig 2022 .40 S&W. I put fifty rounds through each of them so far, but it was a busy week. The 2022 is for my son, I will keep the 2340.

We both own 2022 9mm's as well. I like these guns a good bit.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Acquired mine four years ago and experienced very few issues. One light primer strike, but every FTE/FTF and non-slide lock seemed to be ammo related. Prefers a heavier or hotter load. Interestingly, the X5 swallowed the same low impulse loads without a single hiccup. I firmly believe a new one would benefit from a breakin period of about a hundred rounds after clean and lube.

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post