SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 fullsize/XRay sights question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 fullsize/XRay sights question Login/Join 
posted
Good morning SF. I have finally found my perfect 320 combination. Compact frame with full length slide combo. It is just about perfect. However, my full size came with contrast sights. I love Trijicon HD's but prefer the lower profile and drive the dot of the Sig XRays. I also don't want to have different POA/POI between my multiple 320's or I would just get the HD's.

So here is my question. Or two. Are XRays and XRay3's the same? I had a hard time reading the numbers but my slide has a 6 front/8 rear, does that sound correct? I thought it was supposed to be 6/6. Lastly and more importantly, I don't have a pusher so I want to buy from somewhere/someone who will sell me the sights and install them as well. Any recommendations?

Thanks again.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What cartridge is your 320 chambered for?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We've had several threads on this, and Sig seems to be inconsistent with what number sights they're putting on P320s.

In general, Sig says that 9mms/.357s should have 8/8 sights, and .40s/45s should have 6/8 sights. But that's hardly a firm rule, because there are plenty of examples of people who have gotten 9mm P320s from the factory with other sight combinations. I've seen reports of 8/8, 6/8, and even 6/6 on various sizes of 9mm P320s.

It's possible that Sig may be sighting them in at the factory with the optimal sight numbers for that specific gun, but I don't think they'd put that much personalized work into a mass-produced pistol that they're cranking out as fast as possible.

So for the quick and easy answer, I'd go by what's currently on your P320. If that's 6/8, then order 6/8 XRays. (Yes, XRay and XRay3 are the same sights.) That will be sufficient for defensive purposes.

But, if you're looking for more pinpoint accuracy at longer distances, and you have the time and inclination, you can shoot your P320 with the existing sights from a rest at your preferred distance, see if they're grouping low/high, and order the specific sight number combination needed to adjust POI from there.

For what it's worth, my full size P320 9mm has 6/8 sights too. The two compact P320 9mms I've owned have had 6/8 and 8/8 sights. I have yet to notice any major POI deviations between any of them when shooting at normal defensive handgun distances (out to 25 yards). However, I'm not a top-tier shooter, or a bullseye competitor, so another shooter may notice a bigger difference.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I tend to only shoot out to 15 yards anyway because my old eyes and 25 yards becomes an exercise in frustration.

Any ideas on where to send the slide?

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's possible that Sig may be sighting them in at the factory with the optimal sight numbers for that specific gun, but I don't think they'd put that much personalized work into a mass-produced pistol that they're cranking out as fast as possible.

Yeah, more than likely the just put whatever they have in stock on them, or the FNG didn't get the memo to check caliber before installing the sights. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post