SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you think handgun(pistol not revolver) what is the first image that pops into your head?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you think handgun(pistol not revolver) what is the first image that pops into your head? Login/Join 
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
model 27 Smith and Wesson .357 magnum revolver
1911 semiauto

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
glock, not that I've got any affinity but it's what most people think so I go based on the speakers assumptions.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I get super focused on projects or next purchase I have a boner for. So for me right now its the X-Carry.

After I procure that one it'll be something else that pops in my head.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8852 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
cslinger, I'm a child of decades earlier, so I guess the 1911 or FN/Browning Hi Power for me. The first SIG I bought was back in the '80s though, a P226.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think of a Glock which is funny because I don’t own a Glock.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
1911 probably because it was 1st pistol I shot and was also common in all those WW2 movies I see when I was a kid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jelly,

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
1911 style like the Kimber custom carry II in 9mm or 40 S&W. Which is what I am currently lusting for.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I honestly come up with different examples every time.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A full size 3rd gen stainless S&W...I don’t get it, but there it is. Second, a beretta 92.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During late 50's (US Army Days), Colt 1911 .45

Since Fed Law Enforcement retirement, SigSauer
P229 .357 Sig

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
A Fanner 45. When I was a kid, I got this toy gun for Christmas. It shot plastic bullets that were loaded onto a springed cartridge. You could past a round cap on the shell and when you draw the pistol, you would fan the hammer just like in the movies.

No shit....Those Fanner45's were kick ass!!
Thanks fquico, for bringing back a terrific childhood memory.

(Apologize for the thread drift.)

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vintage Colt 1911.

Second image is a Sig P228

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
A full size 3rd gen stainless S&W...I don’t get it, but there it is. Second, a beretta 92.

Nothing wrong with the 3rd gen S&W pistol. I currently own 5 and will purchase more !

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I would also have to say it would be the 1911.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911A1 and in .45 ACP too, more specifically a Remington-Rand WWll gun, my companion in SE Asia 48 yrs ago...Rod (52 yrd with the old war-horse and still going strong)

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
1911 or 92fs

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1911, the only handguns I own, besides one Ruger mark II.

The Luger would be #2.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Sig P-228. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post