SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you think handgun(pistol not revolver) what is the first image that pops into your head?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you think handgun(pistol not revolver) what is the first image that pops into your head? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92, and I have never even shot one, figure that out!

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
The exquisite pre-slanted-dustcover era Beretta 92F.

Ditto.

It's what got me into guns.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Used to be a P226 10 years ago, but now the 1911.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Pistol? The 1911 of course. This is an interesting thread. I would be curious to see a break-down of the respondents by age. If you would ask the membership who they consider the top Hollywood sex symbol or all time, I'm sure many would reply Marilyn Monroe though I suspect as a group our younger members would have a different image.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt SAA .45 Colt

OOPs Not revolver huh?

Posts: 15 | Registered: October 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
either a Beretta or Glock

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A minty box of .38 Super (then I have to decide wich one to put them in).

Sig, 1911, 2011, or Glock?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Luger, and I have never even held one in my life.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
First image is a very old blue LW Commander with wraparound Pachmayr no-medallion grips. Frame finally gave up the ghost after > 20k rounds and about 23 years of outstanding service.

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Luger.
Watching Combat as a little boy, I see the Luger most often. I always thought, "Wow! What a pistol." Even now, its image is just incredibly distinctive.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Colt 1903/1908. I don't know why. Maybe because it looks like the kind of gun a kid would draw.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Colt 1911!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 1911 and I think it's because as a kid we grew up watching Johnny Quest and Race Bannon's go to gun was always a 1911 .45.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Colt 1911 probably because it was the first hand gun I ever had, and I still have it today.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably a model 1911. Or maybe a Beretta 92FS. Perhaps a SIG P229.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
g-19

Posts: 14 | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Colt 1911 or SIG P226.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911. Got my first one when a sophomore in H.S. Issued as primary sidearm when I was an Army M.P.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post