SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you think handgun(pistol not revolver) what is the first image that pops into your head?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you think handgun(pistol not revolver) what is the first image that pops into your head? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I was reading the why do you own a SIG thread and I got to thinking. The first gun I think of/image in my head when I hear the word pistol the image of a SIG P226 pops into my head, maybe a Beretta 92. Not a Glock 17, not a 1911 nor HiPower nor Luger. A P226/92fs. I guess it’s because I am a child of the 80s and I eventually cut my teeth on SIGs.

So even though they are not my go to pistols those are the two images that pop to mind when I think handgun/pistol.

So what pops into your head first and foremost. The image, the connotation not necessarily your favorite or the best or whatever. Just the immediate images that pop to mind, sort of the gun nut Rorschach test if you will.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Walther PPK.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
The exquisite pre-slanted-dustcover era Beretta 92F.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Colt 1911.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92fs

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Stainless 3rd gen Smith is what pops in to my head when you say pistol.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
1911 of course.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Taurus Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Desert Eagle in .50AE. Go big or go home. Smile

All kidding aside: Glock. Been around them for far too long to consider anything else.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'd say P229, just because it was my first and was EDC forever. It's the pistol I'm most familiar with.

But before that, it'd probably be a Beretta, thanks to Lethal Weapon. Maybe a High Power if I'd seen Beverly Hills Cop recently.

But as a kid, if you asked me to draw a pistol, it would've been a 1911, because of GI Joe toys. I wouldn't have known it was a 1911, it's just what my drawing would've resembled.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First one I always see in my mind is the Luger.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
1911. I'm 52, so that is an auto pistol to me.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Fanner 45. When I was a kid, I got this toy gun for Christmas. It shot plastic bullets that were loaded onto a springed cartridge. You could past a round cap on the shell and when you draw the pistol, you would fan the hammer just like in the movies.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 of course.....

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post