SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who has used Polymer Refined?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has used Polymer Refined? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm just about certain I'm going with them to revamp an old G19 frame, but want to hear from those who have used them.

What is your opinion?

Also, what sort of box did you ship the frame in? Their site says send it in a "postal box". Will any box of appropriate size do, or do they actually want some box USPS sells?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used both and both are superb. Edge might go to Cold Bore, but only by a little, but that may only be because they also did a bit of grip reduction. Polymer Refined's work is art-like. Either you will do well with.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I sent my 32 in to Polymer Refined. I think it was about a week turnaround time.

I got the solar cross stippling and trigger guard undercut. i skipped the double undercut and the trigger finger stippling

oh since some will ask, slide was done by maple leaf who just did my duty gun slide for my trijicon rmr

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I sent a G19 frame to Polymer Refined a few years back and I'm very satisfied with the results. Value, turn around time, quality were excellent. I had planned to send a few more guns his way but I believe he wasn't taking any guns in at the time and I moved on to other projects.

I'll try to dig up some pics.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would prefer Polymer Refined over Cold Bore.
It's the way they do the clearly defined borders and their texture patterns.
Looks OEM and sets their work above everyone else.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my G19 off to Kent (or Ken, can't remember his name, and I'm sorry about that) a few years ago right before he left California.

I highly recommend Polymer Refined!!!!

Straight forward, down to business, excellent work and super fast turnaround time. Price wasn't bad at all. I want to say I sent the frame off on a Monday, and got it back next Monday.

Couldn't be more happy with the stippled frame, undercut trigger guard and scalloped mag release.

One of theses days soon, my G21 is going to have to make that trip.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
You can not mail the serialized frame via USPS UPS unless you are shipping FFL to FFL

You can ship it via UPS or FedEx

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's why I was confused by the terminology "postal box" used on his site. I know it needs to go UPS/FedEx, but I didn't know if he wanted it in some specific box like USPS uses vs. any old box I have at home.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Yeah, that's why I was confused by the terminology "postal box" used on his site. I know it needs to go UPS/FedEx, but I didn't know if he wanted it in some specific box like USPS uses vs. any old box I have at home.

Too bad you're not a neighbor.
I'm trying to give away some pistol boxes on my local forum.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
They stippled/shaped my Gen 3 trade-in G22. Fast and awesome work. I highly recommend them.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had him do 3 frames.
All were done quick and came out perfect.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Per his social media, he’s no longer taking new orders.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had a frame done by P.R. and it is amazing the detail for the work done. I don't get how some of these people get those lines so perfect without using a laser. Definitely some skill.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Per his social media, he’s no longer taking new orders.

Ack. I was going to send in my 19 this Friday.

Any indication if he's done for good or just temporarily??

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Wow, never heard of PR until now. Amazing work indeed.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well damn.

I'll just hit up my local smith then.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

WTF?!?!
Noooooo!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do my own stippling. The impressive part of his work is the beautiful straight and defined borders. I have never been able to replicate that part well. Wonder how he did it?

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually thought this thread would be about the indefinite closure. It is disappointing. I had him do a frame a few years ago before he moved. Great work and quick turnaround.

All of that said, good on the guy for deciding it's his time and not trudging along indefinitely doing something he doesn't want to do. I think as laser stippling continues to evolve we're going to reminisce about how we used to pay a guy a couple hundred bucks for something that can be done by laser for a fraction and with quicker turnaround.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post