SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock Trigger shoe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Trigger shoe Login/Join 
posted
Just bought a Gen 5 model 19 that shoots great but the trigger shoe hurts like #$%^! Just looking for a flat faced trigger that don't cost a butt load? Just the trigger shoe, any Ideas?
TX jdshank

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I like Apex

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Check out Tango Down. I don't have any experience w/ them, but they offer reasonably priced trigger shoes. If you're willing to spend a little more for a trigger shoe & bar combo, I have some suggestions.

You could also file down flat the trigger safety tab/dingus.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Overwatch Polydat if you don't mind polymer.

Personally, I find flat faced shoes feel funky, and prefer smooth faced oem with a shaved down tab from JohnnyGlocks.

https://overwatchprecision.com/polydat/

https://johnnyglocks.com/colle...ock-trigger-shoe-mod

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are endless versions out there. For an inexpensive one, Stick a vickers (tango down) trigger on it. I have several. It's a dirt-simple installation, and they work fine.

I like Precision Overwatch. They're comfortable. I have had their metal triggers get hot on a summer evening when shooting several strings. Precision Overwatch does make a polymer trigger (DAT). I like their metal ones better.

I have a precision overwatch Falx on my G19X. The Falx is a curved trigger with a rounded face, which feels more like the factory glock trigger, albeit metal. The trigger safety tab lays flat with the face, eliminating that annoying hump on the front of the trigger

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree on the Overwatch trigger, have one on a gen3 19.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dumb question, are the metal trigger bars all the same as OEM Glock?

posted Hide Post
I just took a small Swiss file and took off a little bit when the trigger safety is fully depressed. I removed that slight 2/1000th’s ridge that was present when the trigger safety was fully depressed. It is now flush with the trigger face.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Here is my answer to your exact problem: occustomtriggers.com They are Orange County Custom Triggers. I am a happy camper with their G44 and G19.5 triggers...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dumb question, are the metal trigger bars all the same as OEM Glock?

I believe it depends on the aftermarket trigger "maker". Some choose not to completely reinvent the wheel and just take a stock factory trigger and replace the shoe/bow with their own design, and may or may not spiff up the bar a bit (hone/polish) while they're already in there at it. The 'bones are pretty darn good' approach. OTOH others like ZEV create their own trigger bars, probably because they DO think that they're better at being Glock than Glock themselves. Or it's more likely they see where the factory does things for efficiency, expediency and cost-saving, that their own ore involved and intricate methodology and manufacturing will provide a superior performance solution. At least they hope the potential marketplace audience thinks it does.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I prefer ZEV's offerings over all others that I've tried, and I've done quite a few over the years. Not the cheapest/budget-friendly however.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have purchased a Kineti-Tech trigger shoe prior and really liked it. It was all metal and you can buy just the shoe or one with a factory Glock trigger bar already installed on it. It is not hard to install the shoe on the Glock trigger bar but you ruin the Glock trigger shoe in the process.Next time I will get one already installed on the factory trigger bar and sell the original as is,which will essentially lower the cost of the new trigger/bar.

The one I have is the flat trigger and really like the way it feels during the trigger pull.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Overwatch Polydat if you don't mind polymer.

Personally, I find flat faced shoes feel funky, and prefer smooth faced oem with a shaved down tab from JohnnyGlocks.

https://overwatchprecision.com/polydat/

https://johnnyglocks.com/colle...ock-trigger-shoe-mod
I second this recommendation. All my Glocks get Overwatch Precision Poly DAT triggers. I even prefer the cheaper Poly DAT over the more expensive aluminum Overwatch Precision triggers. Overwatch Precision triggers use OEM Glock trigger bars. You can get them with a polished trigger bar or for $20 more an NP3 plated trigger bar.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Overwatch Precision. I've got a couple of their metal TAC triggers and one Poly DAT trigger, both versions have served me well.

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for APEX. All my Places and Glocks run them. An OEM minus connector is the icing on the cake.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OEM minus connector for a fair price is like finding CCI SP primers for 10% off, no limit

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
On gen 3 Glocks, the Glock 19 and 26 come with a “grooved target trigger” while the gen 3 Glock 17 had the proper “normal trigger”. I installed many many Glock 17 normal trigger bars into G19 and G26 pistols to get rid of that ridiculous grooved target trigger...

I just checked my gen 5 G19 and it seems to come with the G17 style trigger straight from the factory. To me, the factory trigger is fine. Maybe some sandpaper to sand off any sharp molding edges?

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The very bottom of the trigger stings my Pus$% finger till I want too quit. Flat triggers seem to feel a bit better but all the ones I checked were a bit proud in price?

posted Hide Post
I will chime in with +++ Overwatch. Hate the grooved OEM trigger!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a fan of the Suarez patrol trigger, flat faced, good price. I had a tango down and it was overall good but the dingus was a bit sharp and rubbed my finger. Nothing a file likely couldn't fix.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post