SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why I love CZ
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why I love CZ Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Stuff like this. It's even breaking in the triggers. Cool machine.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn...aken-by=militaryarms

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That's VERY cool.

Some flavor of steel-framed CZ pistol is on my short list to buy.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The more I read about CZ's, the more I am impressed.

I had a CZ-75 "back in the day" (1980's) when they were highly-sought after but hard to find (because they came from a communist country, Czechoslovakia). I traded it for a "Browning Double Action (BDA)" otherwise known as a Sig P220 in .45, complete with heel magazine release. I never shot the CZ-75 and had no idea that it was a great gun, but I did like the Sig. Which I traded for a Colt Series 70 Mk IV .45... which I traded for...

I think the legendary Jeff Cooper gave the CZ-75 a strong endorsement, which meant something because he was dedicated to the 1911 platform and the .45 ACP round.

I also have read that CZ is involved in a lot of competition these days, which means something too, since most competitors seem to gravitate towards guns that really run well.

May need to look at one of the modern CZ offerings...

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new 75c has a great DA an SA trigger. I know most people complain about the DA but mine is great out of the box.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
My favorite range gun and my first CZ is the Shadow 2. Can’t say enough about what a value buy that was, a firearm packed full of great design elements. Accurate, flat shooting 9mm with extremely low recoil.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's kind of hypnotizing to watch.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been into CZs for some time now. They do things special to their pistols that others don’t. I have an array of CZs; they are all my favourits! And anecdotally I will say that of the 2 P-01s I own, one has been worked on by “CZ Custom” and was twice the price of the other. They both are very accurate, and their triggers are equally phenomenal! The only difference is the bling and polish.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Although, I still find substantial continued dry firing significantly improves the triggers on the 75s. Maybe my constant handling just breeds the familiarity and perception of an improved trigger.
CZ PCRs for the win!!!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hrm. Seems to me like it'd be more of a random sampling quality control test. But if they do actually run through each pistol, how do they still have such crappy triggers?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Hrm. Seems to me like it'd be more of a random sampling quality control test. But if they do actually run through each pistol, how do they still have such crappy triggers?

They machine cycle all of them. I'm on my 7th CZ and none have bad triggers. If yours is that terrible, send it in.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I wish they could learn how to properly install a rear sight on a basic CZ SP01 Shadow. It seems to be a common problem where the sight becomes loose in a fairly short time on a new one like mine did. I shot a lot of ammo before I figured out that was the issue. Never ever had a rear sight become loose before on any of my other pistols.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Thats pretty cool! Definitely wanting my 1st CZ!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Bought a 2075 RAMI and thought the trigger was awful.

Fired a couple hundred over a couple range outings and cleaned & lubed each time, now the trigger is butter!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Have they just recently implemented this?

The most common criticism of CZ pistols has always been they need to be shot or dry-fired a lot to smooth out their gritty trigger.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Beretta does the same thing, though this is the first time I've seen it done.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Had a PCR, currently have a P-01 and a P-07. The P-01 needed trigger work - actually a trigger replacement, for the sharply curved one, plus some polishing while they were in it - before it was usable. It chewed a hole in my finger and left a flap of skin hanging. After that, however, it is probably the best-shooting handgun I have. Other than failures to eject aluminum-cased ammo in the PCR, none have ever had any kind of stoppage. You'd be hard-pressed to find any all-metal handgun any more for the price (now around $600).

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P-07 has caused me to dump my Glock 17 and 19.
I now have two!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that's why they are dripping in oil when you take them out of the bag! Very cool!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
If You REALLY want to be impressed...Send one of the steel guns off to CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works.

I sent a 75b and a PO-1 off to CGW for an action job, sights replaced on both and a bushing replacement/fitting on the 75b.

I know it's heresy here...but now I can shoot the PO-1 better than my worked on 226 X-5's.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 75, a P07, and a P09 with Cajun Gun Works packages. I couldn't be happier.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post