SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig customer service and FedEx experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig customer service and FedEx experience Login/Join 
posted
Had a 2022 in .40 cal having an issue whereby the hammer was following the slide forward about half the time and I could push the hammer forward to the decock notch with thumb pressure. I called Sig and was told that they would fix it for free but I had to pay shipping each way. Seemed fair enough on a 9 year old gun.

So then I asked if it would make sense to send my first 320 back at the same time for the voluntary upgrade. He said it sure does because then Sig covers shipping.

I received the shipping label for Fedex and boxed them up. I called FedEx to try to find a place that would accept firearm drop off. Closest place was about an hour away. So I asked if they would pick up from my house. Sure thing. When should we be there?

Usually there is a charge like $5 or so for pickup but the FedEx guy didn’t bother to charge me.

FedEx picked up the package on Thursday and I had my 2022 back in my hands the following Thursday. Slip says they replaced the hammer box. The 320 is on the way back and should be here tomorrow.

Excellent customer service all around! Makes me feel even better about how many Sigs our family owns.

Beware the man who has only one gun------He is gonna be crabby as heck cause all his friends have more.

Posts: 78 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I shipped my rifle to a SigForum buyer last month, I thanked FedEx for how easy they made the process. A manager overheard my positive comment and told me that FedEx was extremely pro-2A, or as he called it, "a silent supporter," and quietly supported pro-gun causes. Very refreshing to hear.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
It sounds like they did a good job for you

I have always had good interaction with SIG

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very good to hear about both Fed Ex and Sig. I've sent 3 guns to Sig in the last 2 years or so and each one was back to me within 10 days and each time the person working the counter at Fed Ex was pleasant to deal with.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Customer service doesn't get any better than that IMO. Good to hear.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies everyone! Great to hear that others have also had good experiences with both Sig and FedEx!

Beware the man who has only one gun------He is gonna be crabby as heck cause all his friends have more.

Posts: 78 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've actually sent three pistols back to SIG by FedEx over the years, and it always worked out well. Not that I had problems with the pistols -- the service was, how you say, "elective."

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I'm a home based FFL and have had nothing but trouble with fedex. Most recently they left a $2,500 rifle on my front porch when nobody was home. It was marked signature required.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Great customer service indeed.

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only issue that I had with FedEx was that they will not let me ship a pistol to a FFL unless I had a shipping label from the company. Some companies I have dealt with for non-warranty work and optional work will not send or sell a shipping label such as Beretta USA. In that case I had to go to USPS who made the process very easy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post