SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Up Grade Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Up Grade Question Login/Join 
posted
I read somewhere(don't remember where) that the 320 upgrade simply changes the civilian version to the military version. Does anyone know if this is fact. That would explain why there is no problem with the M17/M18 and only with the P320.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
I read somewhere(don't remember where) that the 320 upgrade simply changes the civilian version to the military version.

No. You will not have a military version when you receive your firearm from Sig.

You will also not have a manual safety.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, IIRC, the military version is set up so the end user cannot remove the grip module. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not true. Your P320 does not become an M17. You just have an Sig upgraded P320.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Also, IIRC, the military version is set up so the end user cannot remove the grip module. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

P320s can be supplied with parts that require special tools to remove the takedown lever and the striker assembly. I don’t know for certain, but I imagine that the weapons supplied to the military will incorporate those parts to reduce tinkering by the troops.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post