SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ortgies .32 Auto. Basket case project.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ortgies .32 Auto. Basket case project. Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted
A number of years ago a friend of mine gave me this Ortgies .32 Auto. It was a basket case. Some one did a number on it. The slide was all jammed up on the frame. Had to take a rubber mallet to get it off. The gun has no screws and the grip panels are held on by metal grip latch in the back strap of the pistol. The original grips had been broken when some one tried to pry them off. I replaced all the springs and found a new firing pin spring plunger. Found some new made English Walnut grips from Grips4u.net. I took it out today it it worked great. Any one know if hollow points with work in these?

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to some interesting info on the Ortgies .32. http://ortgies.net/ortgies0015.htm

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Johnny!!

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My husband has both a .25 and a .32 Ortgies. He says he’s never tried to run anything other than ball ammo, so he doesn’t know if hollow points will work.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Maybe try Winchester silver tips as that is what they recommend for the Seecamp's.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, Ortgies were a favorite of John Dillinger.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I have no direct answer to your question. So far my Beretta 81fs likes the 60gr. XTP but I have only shot 75 of them.

If the JHP’s are a no go, Corbon makes a 55gr. Powerball loading. I have some 4 boxes but have not tried any yet at the range. Their profile and OAL is very FMJ like.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
I have no direct answer to your question. So far my Beretta 81fs likes the 60gr. XTP but I have only shot 75 of them.

If the JHP’s are a no go, Corbon makes a 55gr. Powerball loading. I have some 4 boxes but have not tried any yet at the range. Their profile and OAL is very FMJ like.

I forgot about Powerball. Thanks! I am going to try some Speer Gold Dot and see what happens.

posted Hide Post
Good job, nice save of an interesting pistol.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would not use anything but good Euro .32 ACP like Sellier & Bellot or Fiocchi FMJ in it.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have shot Agulia FMJ out of it with no issues. Was on another Forum and one fellow owner has had no issues with hollow point ammo. I ordered some Speer Got Dot to try.