SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Not so good experience with a new Ruger LCP II and malfunction you've probably never seen before (with pictures)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not so good experience with a new Ruger LCP II and malfunction you've probably never seen before (with pictures) Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I was not able to make it to the range this weekend but I will be able to report back by the end of this week. I'm pretty confident it will be GTG though. I plan to put a couple hundred rounds through it to give it a thorough testing.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Finally got a chance to get the LCP II to the range after getting it back from Ruger. I'm happy to report that I was able to put 80 rounds (FMJ and Speer Gold Dot) through it with perfect functioning in every way. My initial impression about accuracy was reinforced. This little gun can shoot groups that will put some full size guns to shame, at least at the 7 yards I was shooting it at. It certainly takes more effort do it than a larger gun, but impressive none the less. Took a little time to get the laser sighted in as the change in the point of impact is pretty sensitive to small screw adjustment changes but it now hits right on the money at 7 yards. The laser seems to handle the recoil just fine too without losing zero.

After 80 rounds was definitely feeling some soreness in my hand so it is not for extensive range use, at least for me, but you can practice enough with it and shoot it well when needed as long as you don't plan to shoot hundreds of rounds at a time without a break.

I'll definitely be keeping this one for backup / carry use when something larger just won't do.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to dump mine for malfunctions, no more rugers for me.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Love mine...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Why,why, why Ruger did not make the II in stainless.

I am just the opposite I detest stainless guns and wish some of the cool stuff smith and wesson introduces ( 9mm revolvers 10 shot model 17 8 shot moon clip 357's) why can't they produce them in blue!

I like black colored pistols, but for a pocket pistol, stainless is a better rust resistant metal.

My Ruger LCP II is blued, but in the near future, I am going to finish it with Moly Resin.

No matter how tedious I am taking care of blued guns, they always end up with rust specks.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had issues too, I traded my Ruger LCP II away this past weekend.

Almost everything was perfect with the little gun… accurate, fun to shoot, slips into any pocket undetected.

However, it could only go about 30 rounds before I would get failures to eject and feed (probably due to powder residue).

The biggest problem and the last straw for me was the issue with trying to eject an unfired round, if you did not pull the slide back with 100% effort every time the round would get caught in the ejection port and it took about a minute to get it un-stuck. This happened with all sorts of ammo and after a few range sessions, I just lost confidence with it.

Every time it jammed i would say to myself “this thing is going to get me killed”. You can see this issue on youtube, several people have it, its too bad.

Unfortunately, I have never had any luck with guns in a caliber smaller that 9mm.

Posts: 48 | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post