SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Single Stack P320 coming?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Stack P320 coming? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
I have no knowledge of anything in the works, but with the popularity of the G43 and the Shield I gotta believe that a P320 type SS is in the works.

Anyone else have any thoughts or heard any rumors.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I think Sig will have it's hands full with the new military contracts for the next couple of years. we are talking a LOT of guns! After that, looking down the road I think it is likely a single stack P320 will arrive.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
It would certainly be interesting.

Maybe call it the 330 and the default config is the small sub-compact.

Outside of Kahr does anyone make a polymer single stack platform in multiple sizes?

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I have to think that the scalability might not be such a selling point with a single stack design. Almost every fullsize or midsize polymer pistol introduced recently has been a double stack or staggered column. Single stack seems to be subcompact or micro only.

Granted, they could probably get a bunch of shooters to buy them, but I'm not seeing a big market in LE/MIL for a fullsize, carry, or compact single stack. That would represent a lot of engineering and R&D for a niche civilian market product.

Maybe as a dedicated subcompact. But then I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so take the above as such.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye out for the P365.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CS rep at NRA stated it's "in the works." He did not elaborate said similar to P320 but different?

Also, supposedly a 2022 Sigpro redesign with SRT, also no details.

I hope they offer a single stack in .45 commander size where you can get good grip and eject and load a mag without pinching!!!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Isn't it called the Honor Guard?

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:

I want this!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
It would certainly be interesting.

Maybe call it the 330 and the default config is the small sub-compact.

Outside of Kahr does anyone make a polymer single stack platform in multiple sizes?

Springfield XDS. But just 2 sizes slide. The magazines make the height difference so a reasonable facsimile, but not as many variations.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by sox:

I want this!

I too would be interested in this.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post