SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UU Serial prefix P226 40 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UU Serial prefix P226 40 ? Login/Join 
posted
I'm trying to determine about the year this P2226 .40 DAK was made. Serial # is UU 607xxx.

I know determining manufacture years can at times be difficult but I thought by chance someone out there may have one with a similar number that knows for sure his year.

Using the search engine here one poster claims 2005 for his UU 601xxx, yet another with a very similar serial says his is a 2010. Hence my confusion.

Looking at the sticky here I didn't see any " UU " serial #'s for a P226 so your help will be appreciated . Thanks.

Posts: 52 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I can only offer my opinion. The "UU" prefix designated that the frame was manufactured in the US. This occurred relatively late, so I would believe 2010 or later. 2005 seems too early to me. Sometimes the date of manufacture is on the box label, if you have it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although I no longer have it, for a time I owned UU627483 P226 in 40 that I purchased new in November 2007. UU6372xx is a 9mm supposed NYPD contract overrun purchased new in March 2010.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I can only offer my opinion. The "UU" prefix designated that the frame was manufactured in the US. This occurred relatively late, so I would believe 2010 or later. 2005 seems too early to me. Sometimes the date of manufacture is on the box label, if you have it.

Thanks Gary, I don't have the box. It's just a police trade in that I'm considering from a distributor. As far as the UU I am with you in that I too thought that designated a later, US made frame. I will say that I have seen several posters claim the same thing on theirs what you are saying for a " UU " which is circa 2010.

A respected member here says later made DAK pistols have an upgraded, stronger hammer spring and that was my main reason for my inquiry.

Posts: 52 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: October 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Although I no longer have it, for a time I owned UU627483 P226 in 40 that I purchased new in November 2007. UU6372xx is a 9mm supposed NYPD contract overrun purchased new in March 2010.

Thank you as well..So two very similar #'s and three years apart. Seems strange.

posted Hide Post
I have a 226 DAK .40 which was purchased while I was chief, SN UU6313XX. We traded SP2340s in 2005 or 2006. I have the original blue box but don't see a date. I retired in September 2008 and was gifted the pistol.

i

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLD_COP:
I have a 226 DAK .40 which was purchased while I was chief, SN UU6313XX. We traded SP2340s in 2005 or 2006. I have the original blue box but don't see a date. I retired in September 2008 and was gifted the pistol.

Old Cop, thanks for your input. If I read it correctly you are stating that your UU P226 40 Dak was made in 2005 or 2006 ?

Do you know if yours has the red colored hammer spring ? Have you ever had ignition problems / light primer strikes from it ?

i

posted Hide Post
Double post, sorry.

posted Hide Post
geo57, I converted to DA/SA and had to check my parts box. Yes it was equipped with a red hammer spring. I never experienced ignition problems firing factory .40 exclusively. Also we obtained the pistols from Sig in 2005 or 2006.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My UU610xxx P226 9mm Two-Tone DAK manufactured in 2005 and bought from LGS as a Chicago Police trade in.

quote:
Originally posted by geo57:
I'm trying to determine about the year this P2226 .40 DAK was made. Serial # is UU 607xxx.

I know determining manufacture years can at times be difficult but I thought by chance someone out there may have one with a similar number that knows for sure his year.

Using the search engine here one poster claims 2005 for his UU 601xxx, yet another with a very similar serial says his is a 2010. Hence my confusion.

Looking at the sticky here I didn't see any " UU " serial #'s for a P226 so your help will be appreciated . Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up an Sig P226 DAK police trade-in. It’s in almost new condition with very little wear. My Serial is UU 616XXX and when I contacted Sig for information they told me that it has to be a pre 2005 serial because they don’t have any serials in their database prior to that and mine wasn’t listed. On the box, which isn’t matched to the pistol but is from the same series and likely the same department the serial number was UU622224 and the model is listed as E26R-9-B-DAK-G, Sigarms, 226R-9,B. Unlike most Sig 226 DAK pistols that I’ve run across this one has the 2 piece grip so it’s not a later E2 which also leads me to believe that the around 2004-2005 timeframe lines up..but I have no way to know for sure. The slide says Exeter NH USA and the serial is UU so it’s a US produced pistol.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fargo, ND | Registered: February 23, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I purchased a new P226 DAK .40 S&W. The serial number is UU6639XX. The date on the case is 2010.
Hope that helps.

Posts: 518 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My carry P226R is UU606XXX. It came in a blue SIGARMS box that doesn't have a date on it. I bought it new around 2005 or 2006.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it happens to have the original standard grips, look for the date code on the inside. Doesn’t really tell you anything other than it couldn’t have been made before then.

Your other option is just to inquire with SIG.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post