SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 .45 ACP - Who's got one? Experiences?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 .45 ACP - Who's got one? Experiences? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I don't see a lot of talk about the P320's in .45 ACP. Who out there has one, and what are your thoughts / experiences?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a full size. Truthfully it was a pretty nice gun. Reliable and very accurate. I wanted to carry it for a duty weapon. Only reason I sold it was because at the time I could not find a duty holster and did not need another range toy.

Cliff
FPD ret., USN ret., NRA Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Had a fullsize and compact as well. Found I was faster and just as accurate with the compact so I let the full go.

Now with the compact SIG currently only offers the small and large grip modules. Unfortunately for me it’s a Goldie locks issue and I’ve had a medium on back order for coming up on two years. Love everything about the gun but I need that medium grip. The fullsize was a medium and it felt great. I’m just about ready to order a full medium and cut it down.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a compact 320 45 with the small grip. Very accurate and soft shooting. I have small hand so the small module works perfect

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My car/truck gun is the 320 compact in 45 with small grip module. It fits my hands perfectly and shoots great. I'm a 45 guy and like it a lot.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I have a full size 45 and love it. Best non-1911 trigger I've ever used.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a compact with small grip. Hoping to get it the range soon. Been very happy with my 9mm P320’s expect the same with the .45

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I have a full size 45 and love it. Best non-1911 trigger I've ever used.

Short of my Ruger Mk I (trigger work) and my Sig P229S (hand-made/-fitted/-assembled by German master smiths) in SA: I think my P320F .45 ACP may be the best trigger I have, as well.

Mine is my home defence and open-carry "woods" pistol. I put an InForce APL on it

and bought a Pitbull Tactical Bloodline Nocturnal holster for it...

Very happy with the pistol, the light and the holster.

Need a better belt, though.

As to how it shoots for me, well...

That's the first twenty on the left side, and the best five on the lower-right, during my first range session with it. (Don't recall what the upper-right was... trying to speed things up a bit...?)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to some carry time with mine as well. I have to get it upgraded before I can carry it (per my work) - so until then it's a range gun. I'm waiting for a Small size grip module for the FS, or a small "Carry" version just so it feels a little better.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a full-size P320 in .45 ACP shortly after the 45 caliber version was released. I had passed on buying a full-size P320 in .40 S&W and had been waiting for the 45 caliber. Mine has a medium size grip module.

The full size P320 45 shoots almost as nicely as a model 1911 and is quite accurate. My P320 45 has been wearing a Streamight TLR-2 laser/light combo and has been my nightstand gun.

Unfortunately, it is currently in the hands of SIG and has been for two weeks as of today for the "voluntary upgrade". Still no word from SIG.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have two-tone (black slide/FDE frame)320 Sig. It's the first Sig I ever bought. Accurate & feeds anything I have put in it. No issues at all. I like it very much. I actually shoot it more than my Colt 1911 I've had for 29 years.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to pick one up here a short time ago. I have 400 rounds so far and am very happy with it. I have the compact with the small grip and for me the fit is just great. A very soft shooter that will take the place of my Glock 30S once I find a holster.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy shooting my P320C .45. I must have close to 1000 rnds through it thus far. I have no complaints. I don’t carry it as often as I should but have done so with comfort and confidence. I must say, however, it is not the shooter, my Colt 1911 ser. 70 or my KC P220 full size, yet the 320 is light, soft shooting and carries more rounds.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pleased with my 45 compact as well. I purchased my on President Trump's inauguration day in honor of our 45th President.

Posts: 8 | Location: Tennessee (east) | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Compact. It arriving back tomorrow from the voluntary upgrade program. It is the softest shooting 45 I have. It’s accuracy is the same and sometimes better than my Sig 1911. I took a FS med grip module and cut the front down and turned my compact to a carry with a few 10 round mags. I then took another FS grip module and cut it down to a compact grip module. It’s a little more involved because the magwell requires more of inside the grip to be removed to get the magazine to seat properly. I don’t get why Sig still has not produced a med compact grip module.
For a 4 inch barrel, it’s deadly accurate even out to 25 yards.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the compact. Shoots well, but I am already having magazine spring issues - not indexing next round up quick enough. Wolff does not sell plus mag springs for it yet and Sig will not sell you a magazine spring, just the whole magazine, which is chicken***t IMO. Ordered a 10 round Para mag spring from Wolff to see if it will fit.

Anyone else experience this magazine issue.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I had one. Traded it off for an Apex’d M&P 45c. If the 45acp isn’t precise enough, it’s the shooter Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I've got just over 1K flawless rounds through my full size P320 45acp. It's one of the nicest shooting 45's that I own and I carry it daily for work. I would highly recommend one.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P320C/.45 w/small grips. I loved it before the recall and love it after the recall. I will not get rid of my P220s but this is a keeper.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed my P320FS .45 much more before I sent it in for the voluntary upgrade. Large grip module with Talon granulate grips, sure was sweet.

The trigger pull after the upgrade is not as good as it was out of the box.

I am hoping a Pelt 2 trigger from Gray Guns, when back in stock, will fix that.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post