SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion (w/ Trigger Job) is SWEEEEEET!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion (w/ Trigger Job) is SWEEEEEET! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Some of you might remember I had the WC Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical with the action tuned a couple of years ago that I was not very pleased with the gritty SA pull. WC told me that's the way it is, and if I wanted to eliminate the creep, I need to fork out extra dough to buy their super trigger bar and hammer. I said to myself, screw that. Already paid $1305 for it, it's ridiculous to have to spend more, when everyone else is raving about how great the trigger on their action tuned WC Berettas was. Although everything else was great on that gun, the bad SA trigger soured the gun on me, and I eventually sold it with full disclosure to a member here, and he totally agreed with my assessment of the SA trigger pull.

After this, I always wondered about the great Langdon Berettas that everyone was raving about, but always chickened out from getting one for fear of getting the same bad result as the WC.

Fast forward until last week when I decided to take a chance and got the 92 Elite LTT Centurion (w/ Trigger Job). LTT's Optimized Trigger Bar is part of the package. And for much less than the WC. Boy, am I glad I did get it. Love the shortened Centurion slide and the M9A1 frame. But, most important of all is the trigger. The DA is silky smooth at 7 lbs 4 oz avg, and the SA broke at 3 lbs 1 oz avg with zero creep/grittiness. This one leaves my German Mastershop X5 Allround Skeleton Supermatch in the dust. Truly great stuff. A lot of people don't like the thin grips, but I find them very comfortable. Trigger reach is easy. Fiber optic front sight is very easy to pick up, even during fast shooting. Three 18-rd Mec-Gar mags are supplied with the gun. If there is one negative about this gun, it is the finish that is rough in some spots. But, that is quite alright. This gun is meant for combat and not a museum.

SHOOTING
Took it for a spin this AM. 225 rds total.

-50 GECO 115 FMJ
-50 Fiocchi 124 FMJ
-50 Magtech 124 FMJ
-15 Federal Tactical HST 124 +P
-25 Remington Golden Saber BJHP 124 +P
-20 Speer Gold Dot HP 124 +P
-15 Winchester Ranger T 124 +P

Malfunctions: zero

This thing is just a delight to shoot. Very comfortable. +P is no problem. In addition to the WC mentioned above, I've had other 92s in the past. This LTT outshines them all. Great pistol. Cool

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Congrats!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3180 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Langdon has it going on with their Berettas and accessories. I don't have an LTT, but all of my Beretta 92s have the LTT TJIAB and they are great (even before the optimized trigger bar came out) - I have no doubt that the trigger on your LTT is sweet as can be.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
So..... how long until you're sending it back to him for a red dot cut?

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Looks sweet! I’m debating getting one for my 46th birthday since I can’t buy the Glock 46.

I’m debating the RDO cut since I’m starting to carry off duty with the RMR (we issue the RMR at work now)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7991 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being one who has sung the praises of the Brig Tac and Cen Tac I am sure I was in on the discussion about the problems with your Brig Tac. Both of my WC Berettas are outstanding pistols with excellent triggers. It’s a real bummer that you had a bad experience with your Brig Tac and that WC didn’t take care of you.

When all the discussion broke out about the introduction of the LTT Elite I wasn’t interested even though I am a Beretta guy. After all I already owned two very expensive 92Gs and didn’t really see a need for another. Plus, I really like the brig slide, and the LTT has a Vertec slide (just a visual thing with me). However I decided to take the plunge and pre order one with the trigger job expecting a trigger comparable to the WC pistols. I was thrilled when the trigger was even better! With the WC guns there is a slight hitch part way through the DA pull that isn’t there in the Langdon gun. That trigger is so smooth!! Langdon did an amazing job designing out this pistol. I also find it very interesting how different the pistols feel while shooting, with the Cen Tac being more neutrally balanced unlike the nose heavy full size gun. I am seriously considering ordering an LTT Elite Centurian with the trigger job, and probably would have already if I hadn’t just bought a CZ AccuShadow 2.

So glad you are happy with your LTT. They truly are great shooting pistols.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine, also has the trigger job.

Posts: 1175 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta is building some great metal guns.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
*sigh*

you got me.

I just ordered it. When I saw the 10% le discount on the website, I said it's a sign!

So in a sort of Q tradition, I'm giving my old 92F away as a karma ... to my baby sister. Razz Her husband bought her the M9-22 made by Uramex and she's really digging the Beretta so I guess this makes sense to give her a 9mm version.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7991 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LTT Centurion is my fav, and I hated to ship it off last week for the RDO. Got the email from Aimee today that it will be at least 3-6 weeks before I get the slide back.

What a great small company they have going ! Ernest has worked on a dozen of my Beretta's and he has put the 92 back on the map.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
That IS nice.

Sure wish he'd start tuning Sigs again...at thr least his namesake 220's.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet pistol. The 92 is my favorite 9mm. I have the WC Brig Tac and the WC Centurion and love them.

Have wanted a Langdon for a long time

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the full size LTT and it’s a sweet shooter. I am looking to pick up the Centurion or compact For my next purchase

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt325ci:
I have the full size LTT and it’s a sweet shooter. I am looking to pick up the Centurion or compact For my next purchase

Same here. My fave pistols by far!!! Shoots like a dream. I too am thinking of the Centurion w/ the RDO cut.

Langdon knows his stuff.

Posts: 4021 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have been jonesing for that exact pistol for a while now. Nice write up!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I a got two Wilson’s and two Langdons. They are all fantastic. It I give a slight edge to the langdons with regard to the trigger.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
If you really want a surprise, try his PX4 Compact Carry with trigger job and new trigger bar. I shoot the 92S, but carry the Storm. Very similar.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
i have the WC centurion, I passed on the Brig tac FS as i thought it was to front heavy as well, I was lucky enough to shoot them side by side.
I like the gun alot,

i wonder...if..that SS bbl on the LTT will drop in fit into my WC ??
I have also wondered if his NP3 coating would/could improve my WC at all, my WC is pretty near perfect tho

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
If you really want a surprise, try his PX4 Compact Carry with trigger job and new trigger bar. I shoot the 92S, but carry the Storm. Very similar.

Same — I have two 92 Elites from LTT and I think the PX4 Compact Carry shoots better than either of them in terms of perceived recoil. It’s a very soft shooting pistol and the timing is such that it seems to just want to always return to a near perfect sight picture after each shot. Much flatter shooting that’s the 92s. I give the 92s the top spot in terms of trigger, but I for sure enjoy shooting the PX4 just a bit more than the 92s.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I traded into an LTT Elite that I otherwise would not have bought and the thin grips make it just small enough to fit my hand with acceptable DA reach. It's the Beretta marketed one with 15 round mags and no trigger job. My M9A3 is about perfect grip size though so an LTT Vertec would be nice.

I put the trigger job in a bag into the LTT and the trigger bar really helps reduce over travel and reset. DA is 7 lbs with a 12 lb mainspring, and SA is 3.5 lb. There is a tiny bit of creep, but I am very sensitive to it, and most people would not notice.

But the M9A3 is 8 lb / crisp 4 lb with factory D spring. All it needs is the trigger bar.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post