SIGforum
Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion (w/ Trigger Job) is SWEEEEEET!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4960029274

September 15, 2020, 08:34 AM
pedropcola
Beretta 92 Elite LTT Centurion (w/ Trigger Job) is SWEEEEEET!
PGT what did you get the DA pull down to? What weight mainspring? What else did you do? If I’m reading it right that’s a sub 5lb pull. Nice!

My biggest issue right now is whether to go compact or centurion. I never used to like centurions, traded my only one away, now I wonder if I didn’t give it a fair shake.
September 15, 2020, 08:52 AM
PGT
LTT TJIAB kits with 11 or 12lb springs. I'll have to check my order receipt. I did a full action job....flitz polished or stoned all the moving/sliding parts including the slide rails, mirror polished the feed strips and even the FPB's. Basically everything Langdon taught Wilson Combat to do on these but spent more time doing it than they do. Didn't touch the fire control parts....LTT knows what they're doing.

Basically, anything in the pull chain got fluffed and buffed. Both the stainless guns measured the same on 10 pull averages so it's very consistent.

No light strike issues either but of course they are range guns.

I sold a shotgun to a local guy and we got talking about M9's. Like most who served, he hated it. Told him to take another look....we went over to a local shop and showed him the differences between M9, LTT Elite and M9A3's. He ended up buying the second stainless green/LTT framed pistol in that pic from me. Funny...he just texted me out of the blue a week or two ago thanking me again saying "that is by far the BEST pistol I've ever owned. you were right about the M9 being a terrible way to judge the platform".

Really, the credit goes to Beretta, LTT and Wilson for reigniting interest and more importantly, making terrific parts available that maximize the platform.

I need to get an LTT Compact or Centurion now. I've got a 9x21 marked stainless compact slide and a 9x21 barrel (two actually) that I need to get chopped down and crowned and the second one threaded so I can build out a smaller version.
September 15, 2020, 04:24 PM
pedropcola
I stopped at 13# mainsprings and didn't do any additional buffing. You are making me consider it though. I think the triggers are great as they come from LTT (I paid for trigger job) but they aren't under 5lb DA pull great. lol

Yup, I am in for a Centurion or Compact. I really want the Compact but I am wavering towards the Centurion as well.
September 15, 2020, 07:43 PM
matt325ci
Hey Chowser,

Where did you get that holster in that pic?

Thanks
September 15, 2020, 08:00 PM
Chowser
The holster was from infusedkydex_usa on fleabay.
I can’t figure out how to share from my phone. Just search the following. They have lots of designs.

OWB Kydex Holster Thin Blue Line for 1911, Beretta, Bersa, Browning Handguns

I took the grips off the LTT and put them on my old Brigadier. This feels like a completely different gun (Josh at AGW cut and threaded an old 92F barrel for me and he also cut my original Brig barrel down and recrowned it. The G kit right side delete was done by WAL)

I ordered LTT black/cherry grips for the LTT. Debating a trigger job in a bag for the Brig.

Not minority enough!
September 15, 2020, 08:08 PM
matt325ci
Thanks Chowser I’ll check it out
September 15, 2020, 09:20 PM
jhe888
Langdon knows Beretta. I have an old Centurion with some Langdon parts and some Wilson parts. I should have done the trigger in a bag. It is very good, and sometime I'll replace the trigger bar, too, but now I'll have to fit it. I would also suggest the G conversion.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
September 18, 2020, 02:02 PM
Chowser
Sorry. Don’t mean to keep bumping this but my cherry grips arrived. Something about this gun is just sexy.

Not minority enough!
September 19, 2020, 04:11 AM
FPNunes
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Sorry. Don’t mean to keep bumping this but my cherry grips arrived. Something about this gun is just sexy.

Don't apologize. I always love seeing Berettas. Looks tough with the new grips.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...