SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LCR replacement spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCR replacement spring Login/Join 
posted
Was cleaning/examining my wife's Ruger LCR and in the process of re-assembling it, the cylinder latch spring went "Pew!" and is now nowhere to be found.

(Disclaimer: My wife is capable of finding just about ANYTHING, so I haven't written it off quite yet.)

That said, darned if I can't find a place to order a replacement. I e-mailed Ruger as I didn't see a replacement available via there website, but where do you guys purchase your replacement Ruger springs and such?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Was cleaning/examining my wife's Ruger LCR and in the process of re-assembling it, the cylinder latch spring went "Pew!" and is now nowhere to be found.

(Disclaimer: My wife is capable of finding just about ANYTHING, so I haven't written it off quite yet.)

That said, darned if I can't find a place to order a replacement. I e-mailed Ruger as I didn't see a replacement available via there website, but where do you guys purchase your replacement Ruger springs and such?

Thanks in advance.

Call Rugers Customer Service phone number and explain what you have just told us. Sometimes they will send a part, sometimes they want you to send the gun in to them for parts installation. They will provide a shipping label to you.

Have your pistols Serial # in front of you when you call in.

Springs are very hard to find...but a tip and suggestion, use a very bright flashlight to light up the floor, sometimes that will bring out the missing spring. Good Luck.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Tried the flashlight trick...no luck yet. Spring bounced off my left cheekbone just underneath my eye and I heard it strike what I assumed was a piece of plastic on my garage workbench. Have been working on the circuit of my Marshall guitar amp lately so I had to sift through a bunch of packaged resistors/caps in the hopes it was amongst them.

On the plus side, this has inspired me to clean up my workbench. Smile

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Tried the flashlight trick...no luck yet. Spring bounced off my left cheekbone just underneath my eye and I heard it strike what I assumed was a piece of plastic on my garage workbench. Have been working on the circuit of my Marshall guitar amp lately so I had to sift through a bunch of packaged resistors/caps in the hopes it was amongst them.

On the plus side, this has inspired me to clean up my workbench. Smile

I have searched for tiny parts hundreds of times, and have always found the part. I may have looked for 2 hours straight, but found the part.

Hint, don't go moving stuff looking, you may move the part to be hidden more.
Hint, a flat magnet helps too.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should not require disassembly to adequately maintain a revolver- I have Smith’s I shoot weekly that are well over 50 years old and have been in my possession over 30 that have never been disassembled for cleaning

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Should not require disassembly to adequately maintain a revolver- I have Smith’s I shoot weekly that are well over 50 years old and have been in my possession over 30 that have never been disassembled for cleaning

Call this cleaning with some curiosity.

posted Hide Post
Well, A+ and gold star for Ruger customer service, as I just called them to order a replacement cylinder lock spring and they took all my information and then informed me it would be 7 to 10 days for processing. I asked them how much the spring was and they said no charge.

That right there earned them big kudos in my book, for if they are going to go out of their way for a dumbass like myself who can't keep springs in his own revolver, that's saying something. Maybe I will just buy a GP 100 instead of that Colt Cobra I was eyeing...

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Disassembly of small spring loaded parts can be done in a 1 gallon freezer bag.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, A+ and gold star for Ruger customer service, as I just called them to order a replacement cylinder lock spring and they took all my information and then informed me it would be 7 to 10 days for processing. I asked them how much the spring was and they said no charge.

That right there earned them big kudos in my book, for if they are going to go out of their way for a dumbass like myself who can't keep springs in his own revolver, that's saying something. Maybe I will just buy a GP 100 instead of that Colt Cobra I was eyeing...

Glad it worked out for you, I was curious the outcome. Last fall, I dissassembled my LCPII to refinish it, and there was one part in the frame I could not figure out how to put back, even after having a schematic, save my life. First time ever, I could not reassemble a gun. So I called Ruger, they sent me a shippjng label, I sent it to them, it came back reassembled and test fired. What better could you ask for?

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
You might try using a magnet in your search for the spring.......

Character is doing the right thing even when no one else will know...

Posts: 50 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: June 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm calling it gone. In the process of re-assembly I bent it and would have needed to get a new one anyway, so it works out.

Plus, it went AWOL in my garage while at my workbench....not an ideal place to hunt for small springs. Lesson learned.