SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So I bought a Glock 43
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I bought a Glock 43 Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
To each his own but my opinion is adding extended mags to the 43 sort of defeats the purpose. For the spare it certainly makes sense. I myself would avoid extended anything on a deep cover gun, especially the mag catch as I have seen many a case of an extended catch causing the mag to pop out rendering a single shot.

Those are my thoughts also

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
The beauty of the extended mags is that it allows to user to tailor the size of the gun being carried to their needs. If an ultra deep cover gun is needed, then the flush fit mag fits the bill. If a slightly larger gun could be concealed, then an extended magazine can be used, giving a larger gripping area and additional rounds. All of this can be done with one gun, and in the case of the G43, a very nice, SLIM package.

With a +2 extension or the 9 round ETS mags, the G43 is the same height as a G19. I can't count how many times I've heard people asking for a single-stack G19. With the right mags or extensions, the G43 allows for this size and form factor to be accomplished.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I use the Taran Tactical +1's on my carry mags. The minimal increase in length added to the grip is really almost unnoticeable. It makes no difference wrt making it print any more than normal. I carry mine exclusively OWB.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
To each his own but my opinion is adding extended mags to the 43 sort of defeats the purpose. For the spare it certainly makes sense. I myself would avoid extended anything on a deep cover gun, especially the mag catch as I have seen many a case of an extended catch causing the mag to pop out rendering a single shot.

Per policy it must be in a holster, so it will be. I've had a TangoDown mag release one every Glock I've ever carried on-duty and in my hands they're a must, must have. Never had a magazine inadvertently come out, either. I've had to get the gun out "fast," as they say as well.

As for the magazine size it depends on what I'm trying to do. The Hyve +3 is a big magazine but a plus 2 on a vickers doesn't seem to make the gun much larger.

I intend to carry at least one spare magazine, if not two. I don't intend it to be a deep cover gun so much as a slightly more concealable pistol that still offers duty-grade firepower if needed.

All the things i ordered shipped today which means Christmas in July as they start to arrive the next few days!

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raidersrule:
I've had a TangoDown mag release one every Glock I've ever carried on-duty and in my hands they're a must, must have. Never had a magazine inadvertently come out, either. I've had to get the gun out "fast," as they say as well.

I use the Vickers release on all my Glocks. It's mid-way length between the standard OEM and extended OEM glock releases, and it's nicely rounded, not sharp. It sticks out to get a more positive, easier release, but as you noted, doesn't seem to have any issue with an inadvertent release. The Gen 4's are more comfortable than stock, too. Subtle differences, but it's definitely an improvement.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the wife a G43 and put a Hogue slip on grip on it. To me, that made it fit my hand (and hers) and control recoil just about perfect. She has a Shield also, it too has the Hogue slip on. My preference between the the two is just slightly towards the Glock.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post