SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 - would this bother you?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 - would this bother you? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
You might try contacting SIG to see if they'll swap out the slide for a new one.

Guarantee you SIG will laugh at him. Big Grin

Who knows? They may say send it in Big Grin

But chances are high that they'll come back and report that the warranty's void. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
quote:
quote:
You might try contacting SIG to see if they'll swap out the slide for a new one.

But chances are high that they'll come back and report that the warranty's void. Razz

Why? Aftermarket alteration? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26150 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry about it. Just shoot it. I would take a better trigger over no dings any day. It doesn’t look that bad.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
h 08, 2018 06:39 AM Hide Post
Don’t worry about it. Just shoot it. I would take a better trigger over no dings any day. It doesn’t look that bad.

This. Given the choice, I'd take the better trigger every time. Also, that doesn't look bad at all...and it's got finish over it, not exposed metal, so there should be no long-term negative effects. If you actually use the gun, especially if you're carrying it or drawing from a holster, you'll have far more significant wear on it within the first month anyway.

Posts: 8343 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would have chosen a different one, but I wouldn't try to fix it after the fact.

These aren't Pythons or Registered Magnums. The finish isn't expected to be flawless.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough I had a ding mark on CZ Shadow (1st gen) also behind the pic rail though. I saw it when I purchased it brand new but figured I would deal with it later, my guns aren't safe queens either.

CZcustoms fixed it for free. They disassembled the whole frame of the gun and recoated it. They even tossed in a free magazine for my troubles.

Of course a few months later some brass made it into the pistol sleeve of my range bag and scratched up the finish.

Oh well....

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't have that, and mine came from an internet order. It's perfect. I would say it's on par with my Sphinx, even.

It would probably bug me a bit, but after shooting it a while and getting my own wear on it, I'd probably forget it was even there. If you want to, reach out to CZ-USA and send them the pic and see what they say.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
say."

That would bother me. Contact CZ to have it fixed. I was told there no quality difference between the various colors of S2.But could be.

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Your CZ is unique!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be more upset that it looks like someone installed the front sight roll pin in with a steel punch and sledge hammer, unless it's just a trick of the camera lighting.

If you send it back they will certainly make it right, but it is a hassle. If these things bother you it's important to really give any gun a once over before buying it. I used to think it was silly my FFL would really make me give the gun a once over, but I've seen so many come out of the factory box with damage these days it pays to do it. All of the companies seem to be exchanging quality control for profit.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd308:
I'd be more upset that it looks like someone installed the front sight roll pin in with a steel punch and sledge hammer, unless it's just a trick of the camera lighting.

That's what I thought he was concerned about and just did a bad job drawing the circle, that's how much I noticed the other blem.

I know CZ custom would sell bless now and then. That gun might not be up to blem level, or it was and someone resold it.

IMO CZ pistols as far from "works of art" or beutifully machined, so to me that mark is minor.

Posts: 21030 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I know CZ custom would sell bless now and then. That gun might not be up to blem level, or it was and someone resold it.

If it's an actual factory blem gun it will have a mark next to the serial number. It's sort of an upside down v/y thing. I'm sure one could google a pic.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
What about bless's? Big Grin

Posts: 21030 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Q83
posted Hide Post
Pick up some Brownell's Oxpho Blue Cream.....works great for touch ups.

Yes, the blemish shouldn't be there and it IS irritating but it can be fixed.

Just my .02

NRA LIFE MEMBER
ISRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Send a CZ slide into SIG to fix or replace...and what did we have for breakfast this morning? Obviously it looks to be a manufacturing error, as you an see the pin affixing the front sight, hate to have your sight fall off at an inappropriate time. Send the slide back to CZ and request a proper one. Oh, on taking another look, maybe the front sight pin is supposed to be like that, and you're talking about the tiny marks on the below the pin, that is nothing for a shooter, but I don't like the front sight set up like that at all.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post