SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 - would this bother you?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 - would this bother you? Login/Join 
posted
Paid MSRP for mine...looked it over in the shop and missed this blemish on the slide. Can’t really tell if it’s a ding from getting whacked on the shelf at the shop, or if the finish was applied over it at the factory.

Had the option to buy one that wasn’t out on the shelf but the action of the slide on that one didn’t feel as smooth and there was a slight bit of grit in the trigger in SA.

What say you fine folks? Would you live with this, or try to swap it for the other sample that had some grit in the trigger?

I plan to shoot this vigorously, it won’t be a safe queen. That said, investments and all, were I to ever sell it someone might complain, and yes even though it’s small it bugs me because the rest of the fit and finish is impeccable.

Thanks in advance for your input,

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, it would.

Q

Posts: 26151 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I admit that it would initially irk me that it wasn't ME who "built" that 'love tap' into the character of the gun. It also would irk me had I been the one who actually put that mark into the slide. But either is beside the point of the gun itself. It's going to be shot and it's really not going to detract from the shooting pleasure that you receive, and that's the whole point in buying this firearm in the first place.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The trigger is more important to me but at MSRP, I’d expect the finish pristine. I wouldn’t lose sleep over it now as I expect to wear my pistols, especially on the point of the slide..

Posts: 13788 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be annoyed but I use mine hard enough that there is a lot more wear on it already than those blemishes.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would bother me a little if I were to just keep it as a range gun but if it is going to be a workhorse, I would not worry about it. It will get enough wear that it will be the least of your concern.

I can't see that being done at the shop as it looks like the finish is still there and should not be if it was dinged by something at the dealer.

Posts: 6830 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Not really, but I'm easy.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...

Realistically I have more than a few pistols, so unless this somehow becomes my favorite, I doubt this will ever be more than a range toy.

If general, even guns I run hard I tend to baby the finish. Not senselessly rough on stuff other than cheap striker fired carry guns.

I'm really torn because this example the slide felt much smoother and the trigger was better. I'd hate to swap it for the other one and then end up with a substandard trigger. I guess there is a chance that the trigger on the other one could smooth out...but...

Also truth be told, I looked it over so I would hate to head back into the shop and be a nitpicky difficult customer.

-Freq

posted Hide Post
You might try contacting SIG to see if they'll swap out the slide for a new one.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
You might try contacting SIG to see if they'll swap out the slide for a new one.

Guarantee you SIG will laugh at him. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26151 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I do not think that is outside the norm for CZ, in my experience. Their millwork and finishing has never been top shelf. All that I have owned have been replete with tool marks and imperfections.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
I do not think that is outside the norm for CZ, in my experience. Their millwork and finishing has never been top shelf. All that I have owned have been replete with tool marks and imperfections.

My experience as well - however this gun inside and out (with the exception of the mentioned blemish) is perfect. No tool marks, very high attention to detail.

-Freq

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
yes that would bother me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
CZ underestimated the demand of the US market. They can’t make their pistols fast enough.

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

My experience as well - however this gun inside and out (with the exception of the mentioned blemish) is perfect. No tool marks, very high attention to detail.

-Freq

I've heard the S2 was a much nicer finished weapon than previous CZ75 models, but I admittedly have no experience with that one as I mainly shoot 19/2011 pattern guns these days. That being said, I would expect that from a CZ and it would not bother me in the least as I am pretty rough on my competition guns any way.

is it the typical cz plastic coating or have they gone to a nitride type finish on the shadow 2's? i would think that it is a blemish from the factory or else you'd be seeing white metal peeking out at you.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The S2's with blue grips were chosen as blue grip guns because they had fewer finish imperfections. They are only nitride finished and that's it.

The black grip models are nitride finished then given their factory cerrakote'ish finish. Maybe it's just paint? That is what I have been lead to believe when I was researching S2's months back. Maybe check on the CZ forum?

Anyway my black grip S2 certainly has a few scratches here and there, visible , faintly in the paint.

Would YOUR scratches bother me...NO. Shoot the S2 and prepare to be amazed. IMHO they are a poor mans SIG X-5.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Those guns are fer shootin, not lookin.
Mine would have the finish worn off of that area after one season anyway so it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's something like my ANVIII that I take off my ring before I shoot because I want to keep it pristine, yes, it would bother me.

But I don't usually buy to collect, I buy to use. In fact, I usually buy used, so those minor nicks wouldn't faze me a bit.

On one hand, you didn't notice them on your initial once over. On the other, it's bugged you enough to post here.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that seems within "reason" for a CZ. They are getting better, but they are not particularly "pristine" pieces. I think they still have some of that communist bloc, military manufacturer mentality.

My CZ 75 TS certainly wasn't clean out of the box.

An article on the new factory and machinery they have (I read last year) said they are getting cleaner now.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

Guarantee you SIG will laugh at him. Big Grin

Who knows? They may say send it in Big Grin

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post