SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question for those who own both- CZ P09 and P07
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for those who own both- CZ P09 and P07 Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted
Which is your favorite and why. I’ve been putting these off too long and would like to give them a try. I’m not sure yet if I’d be carrying one, G19 is my current favorite for that role...so for now I’m just looking at them in general terms. Also, if you swapped out sights, what are you using?

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned both and the P07 was obviously the preferred carry between the two as The grip on the P09 is as big the Florida panhandle. I kept both stock and didn’t flip the sights. They both are good performers but no better than their competitors. The big downside for me was the prices of their mags. I was actually getting better deals on HK P30 mags at the time so whoa.
I found I was better with the Hk’s & M&P Compacts so the Cz’s went to fund other ventures...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both. Like the P-07 better since it's easier to conceal. Never have any problem. Replaced my Sig P239 for EDC on occasion due to mag capacity. Never changed the sights as they were spot on. Mine is the grey threaded barrel. Bought a second Grey and have one in black also. Accurate and reliable as all CZs.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To echo the above the only difference is the ability to carry the 07 more concealed. Of course, if its just a range gun the 09 easily wins with it's larger grip and 19+1 capacity! Sights are factory as well...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like em both for different reasons.

The P07 due to its size and the P09 for capacity and slight edge in accuracy at least for me. I would assume due to the longer sight length.

My 09 has the factory suppressor sights which will stay and 07 now has a swapped fiber optic front with stock rear.

Maybe look at the P09 first due to the fact you already have the Glock. The P07 is similar G19ish in size.

As stated in other threads triggers are not great, limited sights, holsters selection. But I think they are great guns for the money. Do you have any other DA/SA pistols ?

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I do own DA/SA but am overwhelmingly striker these days. I’m just looking for something different and of these two would likely go with the P09 first.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The decockers on those look strange. How do they work? Back and forth or up and down like a 1911?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up and down.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the P07. It is Glock 19 sized and can do everything the P09 can do... including take P09 mags. Just gives it more flexibility IMO.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
The decockers on those look strange. How do they work? Back and forth or up and down like a 1911?

They pivot at the back and sweep down from the front, yes, a little like a 1911 safety, but they spring back up after the hammer de-cocks. Parts are also included with the gun to make it a manual safety.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
At one time, I owned both at the same time. I think the CZ PO7 was my favorite as I could easily conceal like a G19, low recoil, fun to shoot. The P09 was same in many ways, just not so easy to conceal but a great home defense day.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post