SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Action Works +++
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Action Works +++ Login/Join 
posted
There was some discussion in an earlier thread about having custom work done on 1911s by Don Williams, owner of The Action Works. If you are on the fence about sending him a gun, don't be.
I have a Ruger SR1911 Commander that was only so-so reliability wise. I looked over the web site and felt prices were pretty good. I communicated with Mr. Williams and sent him the Ruger. He turned it around in less than two weeks and even did some extra work to ensure the gun operates as it should. Test fired it too. I shot it this weekend and its now 100% reliable. Overall a very good experience! Quick turnaround, good communication, priced right and quality work.
Thanks, Mr. Williams!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
There was some discussion in an earlier thread about having custom work done on 1911s by Don Williams, owner of The Action Works. If you are on the fence about sending him a gun, don't be.
I have a Ruger SR1911 Commander that was only so-so reliability wise. I looked over the web site and felt prices were pretty good. I communicated with Mr. Williams and sent him the Ruger. He turned it around in less than two weeks and even did some extra work to ensure the gun operates as it should. Test fired it too. I shot it this weekend and its now 100% reliable. Overall a very good experience! Quick turnaround, good communication, priced right and quality work.
Thanks, Mr. Williams!

It is nice to hear his turnaround times have improved. I waited 15 months for one 1911 to come back to me. And it was well worth the wait. Don is a true gentleman and a pleasure to talk to. He has done 3 1911's for me, and I am close enough to deliver and pick them up in person, so I get a chance to BS with him a bit. I agree wholeheartedly about his pricing and quality of workmanship.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Don has rebuilt a few BHP's for me over the years. I'd put his work up against anyones, he is that good Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up my BHP that I had some routine work done to it, it took 6 months longer than quoted.....no harm, I figured that when he quoted me 3 months. Big Grin

The work has is excellent and the prices were very good considering the workmanship, I had a chance to meet Don at this shop....a true gentlemen!

I mentioned I have been printing low for the past couple of years and he took the time to find a local "shooter" optometrist".

I have been looking at his website for over 15 years and was very pleased I could finally have a BHP done by him.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For my first 1911, Don actually drove me 30 minutes out to the desert where we could shoot, so I could sight in the front sight height, before he stuck the gold bead on it. He shot the same gun, old-style bullseye, with the off-hand in the pocket. Very well, too. For a 1911 or High Power, there is no better. It's nice to hear he works on other brands as well.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Can't say enough good things about Don. Pics of a HP he worked on for me can be found here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...830019724#6830019724

Got another ready to go to him, once Bar-Sto finishes my 9mm to .30 Luger barrel.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm on his waiting list for my '76 Belgian Browning Hi-Power. its one of my favorite pistols.

Posts: 289 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don has done two(2) BHP for me, so far. I could not be more pleased, and I can drive the gun/s up to him(a long drive but worth it to me).

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don is good people, and does fabulous work.

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post