SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about Sig sight pusher tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Sig sight pusher tool Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
The sight adjustment tool that Sig makes apparently does not work on 226 models post 2010. Is there a sight pusher that does work on the "new" 226 slides?

Also, my Sigs-- 226, 220, 239-- have Trijicon night sights. So I would need a sight pusher that would work on Trijicons.

Does anybody have a good recommendation?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Interesting. This is the first I've heard about a SIG sight pusher not working on recent production slides. What specifically changed in the slide design to prevent their use...the only thing that come readily to mind are the long extractor and the scalloped gripping ridges at the rear of the slide and I can't visualize how either of these changes would prevent the use off an older sight pusher.

Last year I used an older MGW blue SIG Classic P series sight pusher to do a three way sight swap off three different P226s, two older carbon steel stamped slide models, and one stainless steel slide (UU short extractor), swapping a set of Von Stavenhagens, an older Trijicon night sight set, and a newer Trijicon HD set.

The sight pusher worked perfectly well with the Trijicon HD rear sight, however there was a bit of a clearance issue on the Trijicon HD front sight...however I was able to get just enough of the tapered front sight to fit inside the SIG sight pusher notch to (gently) nudge it off the slide.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The sight adjustment tool that Sig makes apparently does not work on 226 models post 2010. Is there a sight pusher that does work on the "new" 226 slides?

Also, my Sigs-- 226, 220, 239-- have Trijicon night sights. So I would need a sight pusher that would work on Trijicons.

Between MGW's:

https://www.brownells.com/guns...tool-prod107379.aspx

Or Wheeler's:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/c...ght-tool-710905.html

My full size Sight Pro handles all of my pistols and can easily install Trijicon HDs.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting. This is the first I've heard about a SIG sight pusher not working on recent production slides

The ads at Brownell's and Midway both contain that disclaimer: Will not work on post-2010 226. I have both pre and post 2010 226s, and off hand I can't see a reason why. But it must be so.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I have an MGW SIG sight pusher and it's worked on Every classic series SIG I've ever tried it on from ones made in the 80s to brand new ones that I've bought this year.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Want to borrow one and find out?

Email me an addy.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My blue one works great on everything I have tried it on, except: my 1995 or so 239-9. Slide is too small and low to push straight. Fits fine on the 239-40.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
My blue one works great on everything I have tried it on, except: my 1995 or so 239-9. Slide is too small and low to push straight. Fits fine on the 239-40.

It sounds like your tool is missing the P239 shim. Seriously.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

If you are happy with the style of Trijicon sights that you already have on your pistols, you can send the slides in to Trijicon and they will "relamp" them for $20 a lamp. Then you have basically brand new sights again.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Want to borrow one and find out?

Email me an addy.

That is very generous. Thank you. But I don't have an immediate need, my desire for the sight pusher is more long term.

posted Hide Post
Bought the tool new, still keep it in the bag, in the box, and I do have the 239 shim. Needs a thicker shim for the 239-9, but the shim is fine in the 40. tried to raise it with a washer, no luck. The 9 has dead nights, but they still work fine in daylight. Mostly carry the 239-357 anyway, but thought it would be nice to have a lighter gun with +P+. Oh well, the 357 works better for shooting groundhogs anyway.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post