SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Explaining the RMR mount difference M17 v. P320 (RX)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Explaining the RMR mount difference M17 v. P320 (RX) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
When I couldn’t figure this out for myself some months ago I backed out of purchasing a P320 slide with the intention of mounting an Aimpoint Acro or Docter. I still feel bad about that, but I didn’t want to end up with something I couldn’t use.

In any event, I’m still thinking I’d like to pursue that setup and I still haven’t figured out what manufacturers mean when they say a mounting base will fit the “M17/P320.” From what I could find, the M17 takes a different mounting plate than a P320 RX that usually comes with the Romeo sight.

Can someone ’splain all this? Will a mounting plate/base that’s for “M17/P320” fit a slide that takes the Romeo, i.e., a P320 RX slide?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has done two different factory slides: the original RX slides that fit the original Romeo 1 and the newer one on the M17/ 320 Legion X5 that fits the Deltapoint Pro and new Romeo 1 Pro. There are plates from Springer Precision to adapt either one to fit other optics. Just need to know which pattern your slide is.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Okay, thank you. The problem, then, is knowing which slide someone might be selling.

There are two Aimpoint adapter plates for the Acro P1 sight and the SIG P320.
One description says: “Acro Adapter Plate for Sig Sauer P320/M17, item no. 200525”
The other says: “Acro Adapter Plate for Sig Sauer X5, Item no. 200576”

Do you suppose that even though the 200525 mentions the M17 that it’s actually just for the RX original Romeo 1?

Would I be safe in assuming that if I bought a new P320 RX, not X5, that it would have the original Romeo 1 base?

(I am usually pretty tolerant of the strange design feature decisions manufacturers make, but this issue with RMR mounts for the P320 is insanely frustrating. Why in the ever-lovin’, blue-eyed world didn’t SIG have just one type and avoided the confusion‽)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
If the model # ends in -R2 or PRO it will accommodate the DPP or Romeo Pro

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Okay, thank you. The problem, then, is knowing which slide someone might be selling.

There are two Aimpoint adapter plates for the Acro P1 sight and the SIG P320.
One description says: “Acro Adapter Plate for Sig Sauer P320/M17, item no. 200525”
The other says: “Acro Adapter Plate for Sig Sauer X5, Item no. 200576”

Do you suppose that even though the 200525 mentions the M17 that it’s actually just for the RX original Romeo 1?

Would I be safe in assuming that if I bought a new P320 RX, not X5, that it would have the original Romeo 1 base?

(I am usually pretty tolerant of the strange design feature decisions manufacturers make, but this issue with RMR mounts for the P320 is insanely frustrating. Why in the ever-lovin’, blue-eyed world didn’t SIG have just one type and avoided the confusion‽)

My assumption is that the M17 version is for the DPP/Romeo 1 Pro and the X5 version is for the original pattern. Reason being that the original X5 used the original pattern. Beyond confusing.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Any other information/thoughts?

(Yes, I know: Call SIG, but I was looking for an easier, and possibly more correct answer.)

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Shield RMSc will fit on all Sig Romeo 1 cut slides without an adapter as the cut is long enough & they use the same attachment hole pattern. Vortex Viper & Venom have the same attachment hole pattern as the Shield & Romeo's. Vortex's are about 1/16 inch too long for the original cut & require an adapter plate unless you have the slide milled for the additional length. I will try a Votex on my X5 Legion tonight. I just tried the Legion, the Vortex does not fit. The legion cut is longer, but only in the front of the attachment holes. Again, If the cut was 1/16" longer in the back, the Vortex would fit without an adapter.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post