SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magpul GL Glock MagWell
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul GL Glock MagWell Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2PYdVYitw&t=0s

with the usual comical advertising

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I wonder what they are calling simple installation?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I wonder what they are calling simple installation?

Appears to slide in like a butt plug™ and be held by a screw through the lanyard hole.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have 10 Glocks and never noticed the Lanyard hole before. I guess I've only been focusing on the front sight, front sight, front sight!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Me likey!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
24.50 is going to be the street price

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
gen3 and gen4?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
So will this crack the frame like certain grip plugs do? Razz

It's relatively cheap; I may try one on my G34. If it works as advertised it certainly beats paying the big dollars the competition ask for their alloy magwell flares.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
gen3 and gen4?

Yes

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does grip plugs "cracks" frame? How?

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
When will we see them in stores?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
When will we see them in stores?

I'm wondering the same. I'm interested in these. I hope they don't block the entire blackstrap opening.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Do you need new floor plates?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Do you need new floor plates?

Nope.

www.opspectraining.com

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Think I'll have to pick up a couple

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I played with the production model at NRA and it is a heck of a nice unit for the money. I have a Zev on my 17 but I may have to try one of these for the money.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shit! For 25 bucks I will most certainly check one out. Gets expensive though if you really like them and decide all your Glocks just have to have them. Maybe I won't try one. Who am I kidding gimme one.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll buy a few when they come out. In the meanwhile I put another Agency Arms low profile magwell on a Glock today. I liked the one on my G34 well enough that I got one for the G32. I just finished locktiting it.

It's very minimal. The Vickers baseplate on the magazine is wider than the magwell, and the magazine still works just fine with this magwell (unlike others such as the Zev). It naturally funnels the hand up into a high grip.

Mine's a Gen 3, but blemished Gen 4's are available at Agency Arms website for seventy five bucks. Three times the magpul. New ones four times the cost. Still, they are nice and they fit well.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In what world do the backstrap plugs crack frames?

Nice to see Magpul put out quality product for a fraction of the other guys.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
In what world do the backstrap plugs crack frames?

Nice to see Magpul put out quality product for a fraction of the other guys.

I wonder the same thing.

www.opspectraining.com