SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Newest P226... an LDC. Merry Christmas to Me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Newest P226... an LDC. Merry Christmas to Me! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

You know what I wish they had put on yours? The Sport takedown lever. I wonder why they didn't, because the other Supermatch variants all have that takedown lever. Confused

I asked MMBI this specifically because I found a Sport takedown lever for sale. The LDC doesn't have the recess for the roll pin that holds it in place.

quote:
LDC don`t have the small hole behind the take-town-lever. This means you can not mount the small pin, witch holds the sport-take-down-lever in place. All LDC´s we offer don`t have the sport-take-down-lever.

Doesn't need that thing. See my post here in this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1320037054/p/2

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Sig Sauer P226 LDC II Stainless is supposed to be at my FLL sometime tomorrow (according to the USPS), and if it is, it'll be in my hands before the range closes at 6PM. So hopefully I'll have a Merry X-Mas too.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You know what I wish they had put on yours? The Sport takedown lever. I wonder why they didn't, because the other Supermatch variants all have that takedown lever. Confused

I asked MMBI this specifically because I found a Sport takedown lever for sale. The LDC doesn't have the recess for the roll pin that holds it in place.

quote:
LDC don`t have the small hole behind the take-town-lever. This means you can not mount the small pin, witch holds the sport-take-down-lever in place. All LDC´s we offer don`t have the sport-take-down-lever.

Doesn't need that thing. See my post here in this thread, https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1320037054/p/2

oh, I saw that but took their comment as a roll pin vs. the peg. Swaps over fine in your LDC's?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
oh, I saw that but took their comment as a roll pin vs. the peg. Swaps over fine in your LDC's?

Yes. It's simply a takedown lever on steroid, and nothing else.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
just bought one. cost WAY too much but I do want that LDC Supermatch

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so proud of my well-used LE trade-in 2003-era P226, I cannot imagine owning such a beauty! I normally don't care for stainless steel guns, but I've got to say, IMHO, I don't think there's a more handsome SS handgun than a Sig P226. A Beretta 92 Inox comes close, but that P226 LDC is stunning.

Congrats!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not only does it look like the mag release is extended but also the decock and the slide lock lever... is that just the angle of the picture or am I seeing it right?

I've wanted an extended slide lock lever on my P226's for a while. Not so sure I like the extended mag release though.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Not only does it look like the mag release is extended but also the decock and the slide lock lever... is that just the angle of the picture or am I seeing it right?

I've wanted an extended slide lock lever on my P226's for a while. Not so sure I like the extended mag release though.
The decocker is the standard, probably the angle of the photo makes it look extended. The slide lock is the version where it’s straight out, perpendicular to the slide. A couple of my X5’s came with that and I wasn’t sure about it so I changed one of them to the stock slide release. However, after using them for a while, especially this new one, I’ve grown to like it, very quick and easy to release the slide. I’m going to change the other one back.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

The decocker is the standard, probably the angle of the photo makes it look extended. The slide lock is the version where it’s straight out, perpendicular to the slide. A couple of my X5’s came with that and I wasn’t sure about it so I changed one of them to the stock slide release. However, after using them for a while, especially this new one, I’ve grown to like it, very quick and easy to release the slide. I’m going to change the other one back.

Tooky13,
The decocker tab does extend out a little more, when you compare it to the regular one. Yours is exactly like mine. It, and the extended slide catch, are exactly like those on the X5 Allround. Wink

Q

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Tooky13,
The decocker tab does extend out a little more, when you compare it to the regular one. Yours is exactly like mine. It, and the extended slide catch, are exactly like those on the X5 Allround. Wink
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I stand corrected Q, you’re absolutely correct. When I did the comparison, I was looking at my Allrounds, as I had them out Roll Eyes . Now that I check my other standard P226s, the LDC does flare out more. However, upon closer inspection (see photos), it doesn’t appear the LDC protrudes much further, it’s just at an angle, where the standard decocker is squared off. At least that’s my impression. Thanks for catching my slip-up, eagle eye! Wink

EDIT: I did measure from the frame to the highest point of the decockers. Standard is .254 and the LDC is .337, so Q was right (as usual) the LDC is higher by about a .10", more than I thought.

Note: The photos also show the significant difference with the extended mag release.

P226 LDC:

Standard P226:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Tooky13

Congrats, very nice acquisition.

Cheers.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Who was selling these that you both were able to score some? Me likey!

MMBI Imports. They've been importing a ton of various SIG models in recent months, but within the past couple of months, they just stepped it up even more. So many different models that makes your head spin.

It's great to have more choices in suppliers, now we have MMBImports paired with http://bh-waffenhandel.de/ to supply the US market.

I realize there is a cost involved with import fees, duties, engraving on the frame, etc.

When you take out the German 19% VAT and convert for currency, should it cost $1000 more to get here in the US?

I think these are both the same version?

Sig Sauer P226 LDC II Mastershop Target-9mm

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793420502

http://bh-waffenhandel.de/sig-sauer-mastershop-ldc

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Tooky, you wore it out..... better just send it to me! I'll pay shipping Big Grin

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post