SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Newest P226... an LDC. Merry Christmas to Me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Newest P226... an LDC. Merry Christmas to Me! Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
I was in the middle of writing this when I saw ‘Q’ posted his thread about the German LDC’s. I’ll post mine anyway, to give another view..

When ‘Q’ got his LDCs a while back, I was intrigued and have been checking them out on a regular basis. What made me hesitate in getting one was Q’s dissatisfaction with the triggers. That, along with the E2 grips, which I really dislike. Not wanting to send a brand new handgun out for a trigger job and not knowing if it accepted regular grips has kept me on the fence.

Well, when I wasn’t even looking for one, I recently came across an ad for the new SIG P226 LDC II that’s being imported from SIG’s German Mastershop. They have regular screw-on grips and, although no mention of trigger quality, they do have the short reset. That pushed me over the fence and I decided to go for it. Of the two models available, the standard and the Supermatch, I went with the Supermatch, which includes the G-10 X-grips, the X-magwell, the X-mag base plates and the extended mag release. It came with the test target, 2 mags, 2 additional FO sight inserts, sight adjustment tool, cleaning kit, grease and 2 manuals (English/German).

I'm not the marksman that Q is, but I’ve found that I shoot it as well as any pistol I have. The double action trigger is nothing special, but the single action is very nice and the reset is great! Judging with the naked eye, I’d say it resets in about 1/16”. I did measure the trigger pull and the double action is more than 8 lbs. My gauge only goes to 8 lbs. and it didn’t trip until it was above that. I did 10 pulls on the single action with a high of 3.5, and a low of 3.2, the rest were all 3.3 or 3.4 lbs. This really pleased me, as my favorite triggers are the Wilson/Berettas that I had Earnest Langdon do his trigger work on, they all measure 3.3-3.4. I’m really liking this LDC a whole lot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, Tooky13. Great stuff. I was mulling between this one and the 2 regular ones. It was tough, but I finally decided that "two is one and one is none". Razz

You know what I wish they had put on yours? The Sport takedown lever. I wonder why they didn't, because the other Supermatch variants all have that takedown lever. Confused

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Who was selling these that you both were able to score some? Me likey!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

MMBI Imports. They've been importing a ton of various SIG models in recent months, but within the past couple of months, they just stepped it up even more. So many different models that makes your head spin.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

MMBI Imports. They've been importing a ton of various SIG models in recent months, but within the past couple of months, they just stepped it up even more. So many different models that makes your head spin.
Armory Craft is also bringing in a lot of the SIG Mastershop pistols.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh...I have been avoiding this gun because of the e2 grips and the reports of a trigger no different than any other 226. But man, ever since I found out about these German ones I can't stop looking. That is a beauty, congrats. I wonder if I deserve something for Christmas this yearSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is Beautiful!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful pistol! I hope it gets shot often and carried regularly.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome. And it has the external extractor, too. If I didn't already have an X-Five I would be all over one of those.

Enjoy your new SIG!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Sig!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

MMBI Imports.
I just checked them out.

Anyone wanting to see something off the SIG charts, check out this.

Mastershop Prestige X-Five Flying Dutchman-9mm German NIB Sig Sauer P226 unique engraved Custom

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
^^Scheiss - that is truly a one-of-a-kind pistol.

Where do you find a holster for that front site?

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131

You know what I wish they had put on yours? The Sport takedown lever. I wonder why they didn't, because the other Supermatch variants all have that takedown lever. Confused

Yeah, that would have been nice… although, I don’t really mind the lower profile take-down lever. The other Supermatch variants also have the straight trigger and skeletonized hammer. I guess that have to keep some features back so they can justify the additional $2,000-3,000 Big Grin .

Abraham Lincoln

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That sure does look sweet (I need to stop looking at these). Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful gun...not sure if my santa could afford such a beauty. But something pocket carry might be in the works... how is the trigger?

Posts: 3 | Location: Miami, Florida | Registered: June 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geareas:
That is one beautiful gun...not sure if my santa could afford such a beauty. But something pocket carry might be in the works... how is the trigger?
The trigger is excellent! See the paragraph just above the target.

Abraham Lincoln

posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece, congrats.

Posts: 553 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:

I asked MMBI this specifically because I found a Sport takedown lever for sale. The LDC doesn't have the recess for the roll pin that holds it in place.

quote:
LDC don`t have the small hole behind the take-town-lever. This means you can not mount the small pin, witch holds the sport-take-down-lever in place. All LDC´s we offer don`t have the sport-take-down-lever.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
My she's a beautiful pistol.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post