SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has the WML malfunction been corrected with the Gen4+ Glock 23?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the WML malfunction been corrected with the Gen4+ Glock 23? Login/Join 
posted
Several years ago, there was a lot of discussion of Gen3 Glock 22/23s malfunctioning with WMLs (TLR1) attached. Some blamed lack of frame flex, others mag springs, etc.

The subject seems to have died down, but I'm not sure if it is due to corrections made in the Gen4 frame and mags, or if fewer people are shooting 40S&W and have switched to 9mm.

Any insight?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The .40 and WML issue was almost twenty years ago. We had issues and Glock gave us new mag springs to fix the problem. We had no issues after that.
We switched to the 31/32 soon after and had no issues. I just got 40 gen4 31s in today and I don't expect us to have issues with those.

If you're having issues, how old are the mag? Also is your RSA up to date?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have two gen4 G22 pistols and a gen4 G23. I’ve shot them all with a TLR3 mounted. No issues in several hundred rounds.
All 180gr ammo. Wasn’t the issue partly due to lighter ammo? (165 & 155 gr).

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Use current production magazines only.

If the light has a turn screw, snug it and back it off a quarter turn.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not having any issues. Just purchased a TLR1 to put on my Gen4 23. Everything worked as expected, but wanted to make sure I didn't just get lucky on the first range session.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post