SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger 1911 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 1911 10mm Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have experience with the SR1911 in 10mm?
I’m selling my G29 and considering replacing it with one as a woods/fun gun. I’ll be shooting the hot stuff out of it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
No personal experience with them, but if I had a short list of firearms I'm currently interested in purchasing, this gun would be on it. Interested to see what others have to say about it.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to check all of the boxes.. it’s made to handle the hot loads and rugers .45 1911’s have a good reputation. Plus it’s only about 750 bucks. The only other option in that price range is the RIA and the ruger seems to be a lot nicer to me.
I just like to hear from people who have hands on experience.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
What don't you like about your 29?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its on my want list but now that Ruger has brought out the GP100 in 10mm I might go for that instead. And I can shoot cheap 40 out of the GP100.
And my Action Works tuned SR1911 Commander is a keeper. If I do go SR1911 10mm, its off to Action works too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Have both of them. Ruger trigger is much better and makes it more accurate. The best part of the Glock 29 is in woods when it's wet it doesn't get damaged. Glock also much smaller and in shoulder holster stay hidden well under a jacket.

Both have their place if I could only have one I'd pick the Ruger.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
What don't you like about your 29?

I’ve had reliability issues with it and also I want something full sized, it’s not bad to shoot but I should have went with the Glock 20 or 1911 in the first place. I sold it last night so the hunt for a replacement is on. I’ve been thinking about a 10mm 220 as well but the reverse 2 tone da/S.A. is hard to find

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have the Ruger 10mm, an RIA 10mm, a few GLOCK 10mm pistols, and a SIG P220 in 10mm. I do not have a G29, but I have been considering one in Gen4...

The Ruger won't lock the slide back with PPU ammo (its pretty weak, barely warm 40SW ballistics)
Other than that I really like it. It is also almost 3oz lighter than the steel RIA. The RIA feels even heavier in my hand than the Ruger. I haven't done any testing, but just from "heft" I'd say its in the balance. Both are full size 5" pistols.
I don't notice any real difference between the Ruger and anything else in my stable as far as recoil. They're all pretty sedate, considering. My G40 does the best, IMO, with regards to recoil. I could see the G29 being a handful with "real" 10mm loads.

I'd like to see a Commander size version in 10mm

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how do you like your 220 10mm compared to the ruger?

posted Hide Post
I should also add that the sig tacops 1911 has caught my eye too. This is a pretty hard decision

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
how do you like your 220 10mm compared to the ruger?

I like it. But, I must admit that I have fallen out of love with DA/SA. I carried a P220 for a long time. Then I got into Glocks. I have only recently gotten back into the 1911 and I must say, it’s like coming home again. For all it’s drawbacks (weight, capacity, etc.) it is a time proven design and I shoot it well.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Springfield is making a 6" 10mm 1911.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Springfield gave money to the gun grabbers in Illinois last year so they won’t be getting any money from me ever again. Besides that I’m going to be carrying this thing iwb while on my dirtbike and in restaurants while visiting West Virginia so I need it to be halfway concealable

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

I have a couple “long slide” 10mm’s. These days, I’m kinda hankering for a commander length 10, like Rock Island recently put out. But I want it in all stainless, and preferably with “Ruger” roll stamped in the slide. The arched MSH I can add later.