SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new p226 and p229, good deal?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new p226 and p229, good deal? Login/Join 
posted
Hi everyone, Im pretty new with Sigs..
My friend is selling his p226(9mm) and p229(.40) both new, from germany, one has still the purchase box.. he is selling it $1500 a piece, he said that theyre collector grade and that price is cheap. just wanna make sure before i offer him a different amount. Thanks and God Bless!

Posts: 23 | Registered: July 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
1500 each? A bit high.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Unless they're some kind of limited production variant imported directly from Sig in Germany, then I doubt they are worth what your friend is asking. If they are a something uncommon, then we would need more info - at the very least, the box SKU if not photos.

I suspect your friend is trying to take advantage of the current high demand for firearms and naive first-time buyers. Even w/ demand as it is, he'd probably be lucky to get $1500 for both guns.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With CPO 229s going for less than $500, tell your friend thanks, but no thanks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even pay $1500 for the pair.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P226 (9) may be German made & proofed. For this one, the only way I would fork out $1500 is if it's a mint factory nickel gun, or an all stainless one. Otherwise, nope.

I can almost guarantee you that the P229 (.40) only has the frame made in Germany, with everything else US made. And, even if it's NIB, I wouldn't pay more than $700 for it.

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
My friend is selling his p226(9mm) and p229(.40) both new, from germany, one has still the purchase box.. he is selling it $1500 a piece
Your "friend" ya say?
Unless he's got some crazy SIG unobtanium no one around these parts is aware of, he wouldn't be my "friend" I can assure you. Now if we're talkin Sport models, that's a whole nother ball of stuff!

SKU's or part numbers, or even pictures would be helpful.

Welcome to the forum! Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot guys! appreciate the feedback, i will post some pix in a couple of days. Again, thanks and God Bless!

posted Hide Post
hey guys, im sorry but how can i add the pictures on this?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Count me among the “them’s crack smokin’ prices” unless they are some true oddity.

If those are the friend prices I wonder what the going rate is. Smile

You will need to upload your picture to a hosting site like IMGUR/photobucket etc. and then use that like and paste it between [IMG][/IMG]

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dyuyor2002:
hey guys, im sorry but how can i add the pictures on this?
Put them on a hosting site like https://imgur.com/ and link to them.

Most recommend against photobucket because they charge for their services.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
friend?? at $1500 ea, you should re-evaluate your friendship! lol

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
1500 each? A bit high.

$1500 for BOTH is a bit high.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
1500 each? A bit high.

$1500 for BOTH is a bit high.

Those sound like CA off roster prices where the asking price for a Gen 4/5 Glock is $1000 to $1500

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems pretty high.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i’m not sure if this worked uploading the pix...
here’s some links.
for p226
https://imgur.com/a/yJ4N45b

for p229
https://imgur.com/a/PbPPBIx

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P226 didn't show up.

But, the P229, like I said, is not German. The only thing German on it is the frame. Everything else is US made, and the gun was assembled here at SIG USA. Btw, the 2 non-factory mags are U.S.A. branded garbage. They're worth nothing, as far as I'm concerned. If seller includes them in the package, I would politely tell him to keep them and uses them as doorstop, and lowers the price.

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not sure if this worked, here are some links
for p226
https://imgur.com/a/EOQ874P

for p229
https://imgur.com/a/PbPPBIx

posted Hide Post
how bout now? does it show the p226??

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dyuyor2002:
how bout now? does it show the p226??

Oh yeah, now you're talking. Mint factory Nickel P226. I can see it at $1500, as I said above. But, again, the non-Nickel mags are garbage. And since he has only one Nickel mag, you might want him to go down on the price. Jmo.

Q