SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    new p226 and p229, good deal?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new p226 and p229, good deal? Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I might give $1500 for BOTH if I really wanted a nickel 226.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 2461 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lol! nice! so i guess its gonna b higher if its new? he said its new and disassembled the gun infront of me, looks legit i mean no scratches like with my used glock’s slide that i shoot with.
that being said, how much do u think they will sell at a gunshop store? the p226 n p229 pictured. is there any site that i can find a collector that looks for this type of guns? thanks again and God Bless!

Posts: 11 | Registered: July 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
What state are you in?

Posts: 1786 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maryland, not as crazy as cali but still crazy gun laws

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
IMO, the P226 being a legit Nickel could push the price north of $1K and get close to $1500. But only because it's Nickel (factory finish / marked Nickel box being important, although it appears legit to my eye).

But the P229, even though it appears unfired (?) wouldn't be close. It's simply not a collector type pistol and I'd put price in the $800-ish range if he can find someone really lusting for an early P229 in pristine condition.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dyuyor2002:
maryland, not as crazy as cali but still crazy gun laws

He would be able to get that much for them here in CA. Maybe a little more for the P226.

Posts: 1786 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anybody know from MD or surrounding states that would like this kind of handguns?

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
P229 - Plane Jane pistol in great shape probably made around 1995, pricing would depend on how bad someone wants an as new P229, nice weapon. Perhaps anywhere form $650 - $800ish.

P226 - Factory Nickel 1995, as new could get up there $$ wise pretty fast on gunbroker.com, easily North of $1k. Nice weapon.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 4415 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The early P229 in .40 is not fetching much more than $700, even NIB/LNIB.
Now, if it's a 9mm P229 made in 1994 (AD prefix), with the triple serial numbers, it can fetch $900 NIB with collectors.

Posts: 20024 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was able to bargain and got the 2 for $2k, thanks to you guys! i really like the finish on the p226 and the triggers on both are a lot smoother than my glock i think. so i can keep both of them if i dont get a higher offer from my local gun stores. upgrade self def on p229. and will try to hold on to the p226 and keeping it new until price go up i guess. Thanks again guys for your help and God Bless us and America! ‘Murica all day errday!!!!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You did just about right for both. Not a bargain. But, did you buy them expecting to flip for a profit with a high offer from your local gun shop? Not happening.

Posts: 20024 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was hoping on the p226 atleast.. and i can keep the p229 for defense.. dont they go up in price as it becomes older? i read more bout the gun with the proof markings. was made in kiel proofed in 1995 nickel, with the original purchase box and the target shooting paper. i hope some of the stuff matters to increase the price

posted Hide Post
Well the good news is you've bought what I consider high end hand guns.... I'm no expert on specific ones but do feel Sigs are top of the line...

To say more than I should... I've spent years buying $300 guns and have of late come to the realization that life is too short to own cheap guns... every thing is relative but now $800 -$1000 is what I like to invest in a handgun.

My only point is regardless of what those two pistols are worth today or in the future, you bought quality.

Posts: 1828 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the nickle 226, I have a Red-Box CPO SIG 226, in excellent condition, that I paid $659 for. That's the value to look for, mine is USA built.

Posts: 36 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post