SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me S&W 19-5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me S&W 19-5 Login/Join 
Picture of ACClauhs
posted
Picked up a 6” 19-5 a few weeks ago. Wanted to get rid of my Ruger GP100 and find something different for the FOP Pistol League I shoot in. This came available and another cop wanted my Ruger so it worked out. Pistol left the factory on 2/24/86. Old man who owned the Smith took good care of it but I wasn’t a fan of the factory target grips. Replaced them with a set of Hogues I found locally. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pick-up! I hope you enjoy it!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is a Model 19!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Beautiful 19! Smile Congrats!

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like my GP100, but I'd love a model 19. I'd say you did good.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Very nice addition, those old Model 19s are classics.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I like the grips! Shoot only 158 grain .357s in it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Range report anticipated.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Looks nice!

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Range report anticipated.

Took it to the range twice now. Once to put some rounds through it for a functions check and once for competition. Trigger is excellent, makes the Ruger feel like a Saturday night special. Everything else worked perfectly on it. Accuracy is fantastic. It’s better than I am. I can’t complain about anything now that I’ve got the new grips on it.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
No doubt about it. Model 19s are the cat's meeow.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a shot of my 19-3 with the original box, tools and operating manual.
Purchased at Montgomery Wards, Houston, 1977 for $169.50.
Qualified for CCW with this pistol. One ragged hole..[IMG:top]

Posts: 15 | Location: Katy/Del Rio Texas | Registered: July 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SPECTACULAR!!!

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
That 19 looks like it was set up for bullseye shooting. Patridge front sight and both a target hammer and trigger. Sweet find!

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It don't have the idiot lock. You are good!

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post