SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P228 Grip Custom Fix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 Grip Custom Fix Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
One thing I have not liked about my P228 since getting it is the stock plastic grips. While they do offer a good gripping surface and generally decent feel, I never cared for the bit of flex felt when getting a firm hold on them!

While my preference would be to upgrade to G10’s, my budget simply doesn’t allow it right now. So, I came up with a temporary solution.

I put one drop of medium viscosity cyanoacrylate adhesive (super glue) in the joint between the two grip halves down at the bottom near where the lanyard goes. Problem solved, and the grips are quite rigid now with zero flex!

Still want to get some G10’s or checkered wood when I can afford it, but for now this poor man’s fix will have to do. Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
If you have smaller hands as myself find an E2 grip kit it will make a world of difference in the handling of the gun. I had a set of woods but I sold them as my 228 is a user not a looker. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I find that E2 grips have the same minute flex as the stock plastic grips, so those are really not an option for me, and my hands aren't all that small anyway either.

Checkered wood grips are nice, but G10 Piranha or standard checkered from Hogue are the cat's meow... just gotta save up for them somehow. Had those on a P229 and they are simply perfection!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post