SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P224 Experiences
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P224 Experiences Login/Join 
posted
I just bought a P224 DAK and shot about 100 rounds. So far, it has shot pretty well. I never would have thought a subcompact .40 would be comfortable.

My trigger pull is definitely long. I wonder how the DA/SA versions compare. Anybody care to share?

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I used to have a DAK and DA/SA. I preferred the DAK over the DA because the DA pull was heavy. It was smooth but felt much heavier than any other DA/SA SIG I had. My group would be tight except for the initial DA shot of any string.

As I recall, the DA pull was as long as the DAK pull.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum

And congratulations on the new addition.

I have had both the P224 SAS and the P224 SAS DAK. I just find it hard to warm up to that DAK triggger. I prefer the DA/SA guns.

Both of mine are chambered for 357SIG, I think that they are great psitols. Easy to shoot and quite accurate.

I have also played with one of the P224 Tactical prototypes chambered in 40S&W.

You need to find a range that rents SIGs or a shooting buddy that has a DA/SA SIG for you to try. What I like better or what 100 other people on the Internet like better has nothing to do with what you will like better.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a DA/SA 224 as well. Mine is chambered in .40, but a .357 barrel resides in it. I had mine worked over by Robert Burke and it’s quite nice now. I can shoot it surprisingly accurately.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I have a DA/SA 224 as well. Mine is chambered in .40, but a .357 barrel resides in it. I had mine worked over by Robert Burke and it’s quite nice now. I can shoot it surprisingly accurately.

Ditto! Mine’s in 9mm and I had Robert add the QTR trigger on top of his Carry Action.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have one in 357Sig and carry it most of the time, particularly in hot weather in a Sneaky Pete holster. I have done the pinky extension mod in this thread and it works great. Mod I wound up with at end of thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7940092924/p/3

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks folk. I really like my new P224. I've carried a Bodyguard .380 for years, long trigger pull is not an issue for me. I just wanted something with a little more oomph.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea on where to find P224 9mm barrel since BarSto does not make them anymore?

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kgh3699:
Any idea on where to find P224 9mm barrel since BarSto does not make them anymore?
Are you saying that someone at BarSto told you they would not accept a custom order for a barrel?

Or are you saying the barrel is no longer listed on the website?

Obviously the place to look for things that are not made any longer is the auction sites.

You need to be patient, finding things that are not made is sometimes a slow process

You have already posted a WTB ad right here on the Forum. Move it back to the top once a seek or so

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send BarSto an email and get put on the list for the 9mm P224 barrel, they say there will be a small run soon.

Posts: 93 | Location: ID | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by obiwankenobi:
Send BarSto an email and get put on the list for the 9mm P224 barrel, they say there will be a small run soon.

Great barrel. I have a custom fit one for my P224 and would not hesitate to carry it. I doubt I would carry the drop in one I have for my P229.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
DAK in 9mm. Robert Burke tuned. Smooth as silk and I love that gun.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P224 that was originally in .40. Converted it to 9mm and it is an amazing little pistol. I was able to run a six inch plate rack at 75 yards with it (full disclosure, it took me 12 rounds to do it Wink)

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad I waited to buy a DA/SA instead of the DAK. I shot a DAK my friend had and after a few magazines decided it would be hard to "learn" another trigger. I found a 9mm P224 DA/SA and it has been nothing but good to me. Eats all the ammo I feed it and is an accurate little shooter. It's a little heavy on the belt, but It feels so comfortable in the hand. Perfect compliment to my P226 nightstand gun.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been practicing with my DAK trigger. Some of your posts make me want to try the SA/DA version.

Still, I'm quite happy with what I've got.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
DAK (and/or DAO) mastery will make you a better shooter of any trigger system. The discipline needed to stay on the target throughout the pull creates the trigger control necessary for any trigger. Keep practicing. Once you get it down, just pick up the pace with your followup shots. Of cousres, thats a different challange with any trigger system.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post