SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 vs Glock 43 vs Walther PPS M2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 vs Glock 43 vs Walther PPS M2 Login/Join 
posted
narrowed it down to three EDC choices

Sig 365
Walther PPS M2
and Glock 43

Thoughts?
Pros?
Cons?

Posts: 898 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
P365 grip angle is too steep for me.

I was under impression that there were some peening issues with the PPS M2. Aside from this, it's a viable choice AFAIC.

Glock would be- and is- my choice.

Posts: 107252 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
This is just my short experience.

Walther PPS M2:
Never held or looked at the Walther, so I cannot comment.

Glock 43:
I have carried the Glock 43 for about a year now. No issues with reliability at all. Fired all 400 some odd rounds I've put down range with ease. 124 grain and 147 grain HST and Blazer Brass only. Love how easy it disappears in dress attire. I don't forget it's there, but on a comfort level (with a Garrett ST slim), I'd give it an 8/10. I have small hands and really liked how the 43 felt in my hands. The trigger is what makes me hate the weapon. I dislike the serrated trigger shoe. I like to shoot a lot and after 50 plus at the range, the serrated triggers tend to irritate my finger. I know I can put something different in the weapon and be good, but I've always kept my carry/duty weapons stock except for sights and or grips. It's been debated a thousand times, but it is what it is. I sold it and am now back to my M11-A1 for now.

Sig P365:
I love everything about this weapon. Sights, trigger shoe, trigger in general, grip angle and grip width. Even the flush fit mag allows my pinky to stick on the grip. I have one paid for in full, just waiting on my dealer to get one in. I'm having a Garrett Silent Thunder Slim being made for it now.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 has been a solid performer for me. Even the A/M mag extensions have been very good. Sorry, Sig Has lost me with their SFA pistols after the P320 debacle and now the early P365 Q/A issues. Some folks maybe fast to forget these issues. I won’t as they have a long way to earning “to hell and back reliability”, with their SFA guns. Accuracy maybe great, size maybe wonderful. Reliability is final.Good luck with your decision....

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:I was under impression that there were some peening issues with the PPS M2. Aside from this, it's a viable choice AFAIC.

Peening seems to be a common issue with these micro pistols. PPS, P365, older PM9s.

If the G43 doesn't have it, they've certainly done something different/right.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have the original Walther PPS 9MM and a Glock 43.

The PPS has always shot great for me with zero issues. Only added Meprolights and a Hogue Handall, it handles like a much larger pistol. No peening or anything, gun has been 100% in all regards over 1500 rounds (haven't carried it much in the last 18 months, but it's not viable to see at current prices, so it's just a back or future loaner / gift gun).

I had some early issues with the G43 and ETS magazines, but now that I have settled on a Hogue Handall jr and OEM mags, it's 100% and feels much better (I had been using the G43 specific Handall which wasn't working well for me).

I'd love it if both weapons held more ammunition, but honestly I don't need a much smaller gun, since it will need a Hogue or grip tape to fit my hand.

Time will tell on the SIG P365 - I've seen enough beta testing, so I'll let the early adopters take care of that and see if it's still the better mousetrap in 12 months and get a Gen 2 maybe. Or not, who knows.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
I love my PPS M2. The peening issue has been taken out of proportion, only a very small number of pistols are effected by this issue.

I wouldn't buy a P365 for another few years. It drives me crazy that people still buy new Sigs, then complain that they have issues. EVERY new Sig design has had an issue requiring recall and a new generation. MPX, MCX, P320, 516, 716...

some have complained about the trigger on the Walther? hurting their finger???

I have a PPQ M2 that is flawless.

Posts: 898 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
I have about 800 rounds through my PPS M2 with no issues at all, and definitely no peening.

It has been my go-to sub-compact/pocket weapon.

Of course, next year I'll probably be trying out the P365.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of your choices I would go with either the Glock or Walther. I too have been an unpaid beta tester for Sig and will be waiting for the p365 gen 2, which should be released in about 2-3 years if history is any indication.

Posts: 124 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carry both PPS-M2 9mm and G43. Lost trust in SIG - need two or three years of production before one can trust.
PPS-M2 absolutely eats everything including rounds that did not make it past headspace gauge. G43's trigger needs a new connector and one needs to take a file/sandpaper to the face of the trigger so as to cut down the protruding grooves, which hurt. G43 is lighter, smaller and more easy to carry - and it too goes bang on command. G43 seems to be a bit more accurate, but you can not go wrong with either - find out which fits you best.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've got a PPS M2 and put close to 1000 rounds through it. I couldn't be happier. Its light, flat, accurate, and has never malfunctioned in any way. I did replace the OEM sights with a set of Trijicon HDs (Orange), but that's just personal preference.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The peening thread on the Walther forum has been inactive for over 5 months now. Seems Walther may have fixed the issue if there ever was one.

I would not hesitate to but a PPS M2 and the Glock 43 is a terrific pistol also by everything I have read.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I owned 3 Walther PPS M2s (and several PPS originals before that). I carried the M2 daily for about 10 months in 2016 - had around 1800 +/- rounds through it. The gun looked like Woody the Woodpecker went to work on it with a metal beak ... peening badly. My 2nd M2 had around 400 rounds through it - it was showing some peening also.

The third M2 did not have any peening - but then again it was unfired and sold by me as such.

I really liked the M2s, but I've never had a gun with peening problems like them. I know others have not had any peening problems, but I did and was upset about it since I really liked the M2.

I haven't shot, let alone handled a SIG 365 so can't comment on it. So the Glock 43 would be my choice between the three - I just picked up a couple more 43s to give the gun another run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
If size is your most important factor:
1. Kahr CM9
2. Sig P365
3. Glock G43
4. Walther PPS

If after market support is your most important factor:
1. Glock G43
2. Kahr CM9
3. Walther PPS
4. Sig P365

If overall ease of use \ ergonomics \ and functionality are important
1. Sig P365
2. Walther PPS
3. Kahr CM9
4. Glock G43

The Glock has the worst trigger of the bunch. The Sig and Walther have the best. I include the Kahr as it should be considered by all in this category. It is the smallest and lightest yet holds as much as the Glock and Walther (with flat mag). The trigger is unique in that it is a smooth but long trigger pull. Reset is very long.

The Walther is the largest of the bunch but the Sig still shoots nicer (my personal experience with a PPS M1). The Walther comes with 6,7 and 8 rounds mags.

The deciding factor, the Sig holds 10 rounds.

As for peening issues, as long as the gun functions properly I don't see it as a big deal. More like two pieces meshing together. Although peening like Orive describes is another issue.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize you have your list but my Shield has knocked it out of the park.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

If the G43 doesn't have it, they've certainly done something different/right.

I've had no issues at all with my G43.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of the Walther PPS M 1's, a 9mm and 40.
Very reliable, and I prefer them over the M2.

However, if didn't have them, and was buying any of the 3 pistols on your list, it would be the Sig.

I am happy with my Walthers.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The peening thread on the Walther forum has been inactive for over 5 months now. Seems Walther may have fixed the issue if there ever was one.

Only if Walther backpedaled off of their initial stance that "it's normal" for the few unlucky owners that had to experience that materials FUBAR, both with the PPS M2 and PPQ 45.

Haven't seen a 365 yet; we have them on order but are still in a holding pattern on delivery. Some of the initial problem reports sound like the customary SIG beta teething issues that sadly accompany most of their new guns. I've been through that exercise too often so I wouldn't buy one for at least a year. But then again for myself I still wouldn't end up carrying one anyways even if it had been perfect right out of the box because I don't have any problems carrying a compact Glock throughout the entire year. 15+1 (or 13+1 in 40S&W) still beats 10+1.

I like my PPS M2 but I prefer more my G43. I shoot them about the same, but the Glock is slightly smaller and has more versatility with conceal options, particularly with pocket carry. Both guns are faithful to the Glock manual of arms. I'd prefer it even more if Glock makes their own extended magazine options instead of having to rely on aftermarket modifications, but at least those exist to up the firepower.

And yes I didn't buy either of them right away, instead waiting and following feedback of others around the web and as a matter of course shooting them first before plunking my money down.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Ultimately it's your decision and I think any on your list would be fine if it fills your needs as to shoot-ability, price point and availability.

I may give the P365 a try at some point, but for me it's the G43. I've been working with that gun for about a year or so and for now it fills all of my needs for a carry gun. Shots better than any small pistol I've run across, has be 100% reliable and is very easy to carry.

I did put a smooth faced Overwatch trigger in mine. It doesn't affect trigger pull weight, only pre and overtravel and does not override any of the safety features built into Glocks. I feel perfectly fine with this mod but get it if you want to keep yours 100% stock.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at both the Glock & Walther (Sig wasn't available at the time).

I liked the smaller stature of the glock, and well, its a glock, but the ergonomics of the walther M2 just seemed perfect to me (better than the M1 but I would've like the paddle mag release).

I use it IWB with a 6rnd mag and have 2-8rnders on standby. Easy shooting, aiming, everything.

Didn't shoot the 43 but would have chosen it had the PPS M2 had not been available. For pocket carry the glock maybe better due to smaller size. I ended up getting a Pico .380 for that.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post