SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 vs Glock 43 vs Walther PPS M2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 vs Glock 43 vs Walther PPS M2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a Walther PPS at one time. I bought it years thinking it will be my ccw pistol. After taking it to the range, it was difficult to hold comfortably as the grip is kind of boxy and the magazine release was difficult to access with large hands. It shot good but I didn't care for it and mags were expensive at the time,around $40.00 for a 6 round mag and went up from there.

I then bought the P290, Sig put out and loved the ergonomics and the trigger pull. Unfortunately, the darn thing wouldn't fire when the trigger was pulled and it was recalled. I wanted to like that pistol but wouldn't trust it and wound up trading it in after it had the recall for quite a loss.

I now have a Glock 43, had a 42-which is another excellent pistol, but I wanted something with a little more power. I was impressed by the 43 and was curious about slide bite, as every Glock I shot without some sort of extended beaver tail would chew my hands up but he 43 did not. The 43 has a slightly longer tang/beaver tail and fits my hands perfectly. It has fired everything I put through it without any issues. The Glock is kind of plain looking but the things just work. Parts can be found everywhere and mags won't cost you an arm and a leg.

I don't have any experience with the PPS 2 or 365 but after having the p290 and the p250- a great gun but Sig dropped the ball on that one. They never really produced any frame options and magazines were hard to find and quite pricey. I had a 320, one of the earlier ones and had issues with it. Mine had the older frame/slide lock and the newer frames weren't compatible,seemed to have a lot of trigger slap due to the original trigger and eventually they were recalled on top of that. I wound up spending more on the base gun to replace the slide stop and trigger for something Sig should have done right from the beginning. Due to parts availability, it took a while to finally get what I needed, as they were hard to find and were made in what seemed like small batches. I am not impressed with Sig and their polymer guns at all. Their metal framed guns are nothing short of amazing but I will never own another polymer Sig.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Ultimately it's your decision and I think any on your list would be fine if it fills your needs as to shoot-ability, price point and availability.

I may give the P365 a try at some point, but for me it's the G43. I've been working with that gun for about a year or so and for now it fills all of my needs for a carry gun. Shots better than any small pistol I've run across, has be 100% reliable and is very easy to carry.

I did put a smooth faced Overwatch trigger in mine. It doesn't affect trigger pull weight, only pre and overtravel and does not override any of the safety features built into Glocks. I feel perfectly fine with this mod but get it if you want to keep yours 100% stock.

2100+ rounds on my PPS M2, and currently 1800+ on my PPS M1. I put the M1 in the safe when the M2 came out. Carried and shot it for a year or more. Then recently got to thinking about the M1 and got it out and shot it. Lo and behold, I actually like it better than the M2! Didn't see that coming. Both are Talon Gripped, and I carry the 8rd mag in both. The M1 just sticks like glue in my hand; M2 is a close second.

Don't care for the ergos of the G43 personally, but everybody I know who has one reports they're terribly reliable, as have been both of my PPS. No peening, with 4000 rds through the two of them.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unlike others, I had issues with Walthers: PPS M1, PPQ M1 and PPQ M2 5-inch. They were terribly unreliable. I was a beta-tester of Sig P320 and got rid of it after 2 trips to Sig. So for carry, I have G43. Light, superbly reliable and accurate. Does not hurt my fingers. That is the only pocket carry gun for me. Not waiting for P365.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to set the record straight, Sig has tweaked the P365 and solved both the front issue and the peening problem. Guns that are being delivered now has been factory corrected. I did see however, one or two online dealers still have a few of the original issue guns.
I have no relationship with Sig but I now have a tweaked P365.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I meant to say front Sight issue.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:

2100+ rounds on my PPS M2, and currently 1800+ on my PPS M1. I put the M1 in the safe when the M2 came out. Carried and shot it for a year or more. Then recently got to thinking about the M1 and got it out and shot it. Lo and behold, I actually like it better than the M2! Didn't see that coming. Both are Talon Gripped, and I carry the 8rd mag in both. The M1 just sticks like glue in my hand; M2 is a close second.

Don't care for the ergos of the G43 personally, but everybody I know who has one reports they're terribly reliable, as have been both of my PPS. No peening, with 4000 rds through the two of them.

I'm just quoting myself here (because I generally like what I say best of all Smile)

Anyway, I shot both PPS last night, 100 rounds each, putting my totals at 2205 (M2) and 2160 (Classic.) Other than getting confused on fast mag drops when switching back and forth, I again had zero problems. Used 4 different boxes of ammo, including some low-rent MaxTech (I think that's the name) that has caused FTFs in other pistols.

The reason to come back on here though is that I finally held a 365. Didn't shoot it because it was just one of the range managers' personal guns. But I was first of all interested in handling it before worrying about shooting.

I went into the store with the knowledge I would likely order a 365 from them after handling, and the attendant excitement a new gun always brings. And I left satisfied the Walthers (either of them) are still my daily carry guns.

I am mid-sized (185, 34" waist, Medium shirts, 5-11) and have zero trouble concealing the Walthers AIWB, even under a thin tee shirt. So going smaller has no discernible advantage for me unless you get down to LCP/P380 size, where I can carry in a leather wallet in my back pocket (used only rarely, when I need to wear a tucked in shirt.) But going smaller, in the case of the 365, has my hand fumbling in fast handling situations. It's just not as satisfying in the hand for me. Thinner grip in nearly all dimensions made it feel less secure in hand.

At any rate, the dimensional differences are small enough that they don't matter (to me) for concealment, but big enough that they do matter (to me) in the way the guns handle.

I'd love the knowledge that I'm carrying 10+1 or even 12+1 in a small single-stack, but not at the expense of the superbe ergonomic qualities of both Walthers.

Actually... contentment with currently owned guns/holsters is kinda a groovy feeling! I never have that! Big Grin

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have owned all. Still have the 365. For me the 365 is the clear winner due to capacity to size ratio. The PPS was probably number 2 for me. Walther released a PPS M2 that comes from
The factory mulled and with a Shield RMSc red dot. These red dots cost $400 so for the $650 I have seen these guns sell for it’s a solid deal. I would have given a second thought about my 365 purchase if I had known about the PPS M2 Shield deal. I never really warmed up to the 43. I customized it but still wasn’t my favorite.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

Peening seems to be a common issue with these micro pistols. PPS, P365, older PM9s.

If the G43 doesn't have it, they've certainly done something different/right.

I haven't seen it on the P365 yet, but I don't have that many rounds through it so far.

My G43 has had no issues. Fantastic pistol.

I have several Kahrs, and all in .40, and several of them practically destructed themselves through peening, to the point that the factory had to replace barrels, slides, and even the frame in one case. I had several that were in rotation, going back to Kahr. I never had those problems with the steel frame K40, but the polymer P40's all had issues.

I've had no issues at all with my XDs in 9 or 45, both 3" and 4." Reliable. Not a great trigger, but still reliable.

The subcompact Glocks have run without a hiccup, and the subcompact P320, as well. In fact, all my P320's have run without malfunction, I believe. The triggers on all are consistent and very good.

I do not own the micro Walther, though I own several larger Walthers, and they have had zero malfunctions, outstanding triggers, and are very ergonomic. One of these days I'll try the micro walther.

The G43 was mentioned as having a bad trigger. Out of the box, mine didn't have a great trigger; I put in a ghost connector and it improved substantially. When Glock released a minus connector, I put that in, and have run it that way ever since. I'll never compete with it (I'll probably never compete at all), but I have zero doubt about hitting whatever I'm shooing at with the G43 and am not concerned with reliability (which is the most important factor for me when carrying a firearm).

I hope the P365 proves as reliable. So far it's fairly new to me and tickles me pink when handling and shooting. I still can't get over the novelty of just how trim it is. In the big picture, it occupies about as much space in my pocket and uses the same holster as the Glock; it doesn't seem possible to have squeezed the extra rounds into the magazine, though, and it's a very ergonomic pistol with a trigger that feels like a P320. Thus far, I really like the pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Sig Sauer’s marketing of the P365. It’s brilliant. The 365 is noticeably thinner and shorter in the slide than the 26, but with the same capacity.

And, while not a true single stack like the 43, the 365’s dimensions are much closer in comparison to the 43 than the 26. This little gun is going to put a serious dent in the 43/Shield marketshare.

I think Sig hit it out of the park with the 365, especially when it comes to marketing it against the 43 and Shield. Brilliant.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a PPS M2 and a 43.

Each has run flawlessly well past 500 rounds.

No peening on the Walter, but until Walter ceases being tone-deaf with its customers, I won't buy another.

Handled a friend's 365. Nice, but perhaps too small for my largish hands. Haven't ruled it out yet, but I'm content to listen to reports from the field for another year.

--------------
Don't put me in fear for my life.

Posts: 255 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A PPS M2 LE has been my EDC for at least a year. I've also shot several IDPA matches in BUG with it as well. Never a failure of any kind, even with lax maintenance. Buddy was looking for a new EDC so we go to the range so he can shoot the Walther. He also rented a P365. Gun felt good in the hand, but I didn't shoot it worth a damn vs my PPS. He had never held or shot either before, and also shot and preferred the PPS better. I rented an XDS and a G43 before I bought the PPS and preferred the PPS grip, trigger, and accuracy. Not that it mattered to me, but you can steal a PPS M2 vs all the other options as icing on the cake.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
Of the 9mm pocket autos I have owned Kahr PM9s, SIG 290s, several Shields, a GLOCK 43, Beretta Nano and now a SIG 365. Only the GLOCK 43 and the 365 remain in the stable.

Keep your weapon handy, live free and prosper.

Posts: 814 | Location: Orlando and Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: April 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife is planning to get her LTC soon. We bought a G43 and a Shield for her to practice. I put Hogue slip on grips on both of them. After shooting both of those, I prefer the G43. That grip made the Glock fit my hand perfectly. It does what a J-frame did for me, but with a much better round. I handled a 365, seemed a little top heavy, unloaded. I'm sure it's a great pistol, I don't see me selling something to get it.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: small pistols.

Only have shot the p365; have nothing to compare. It is a wonderful pistol. It is as nice to shoot as the 220, 229, and 227 pistols. It is very accurate. Have shot it a lot at 10 yard, some at 25 yard, and 50 yard. Great fun to smuck water bottles at 50 yard. It is 100% reliable thus far, using every magazine; 115g, 124g, and 147g bullets.

After about 600 maybe 700 rounds, there is nothing about it that irritates me when i carry it or shoot it. Have used all of the three available magazines. If there is a better pistol, i won't know about it, because i won't look for it.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Finally had the chance to shoot a SIG P365 this weekend. Keystone Shooting Center had an event going on and the SIG rep brought some guns, one was a P365. Purchased a box of Federal White Box 9mm ammo from the range (requirement to use in the loaner guns) and ran my trigger press drills with the P365.

First impressions, the trigger is FANTASTIC, loved it – I had dry fired a P365 at Aces a while back and liked the trigger, today I dry fired it again and shot it, fantastic trigger.

My first 5 rounds were pretty much a one hole group at 7 yards. Good enough for me. I then ran some two shot/controlled pair drills, some 3 shot drills, and some failure to stop drills – from the ready at 7 yards. Ended up with 5 rounds slow fire at 10 yards.

During the 3 shot drills, I experienced a failure to feed; a tap/rack/bang cleared it. I recovered the live round and re-inserted it into the magazine, it fed no problem. Who knows why?

Perceived felt recoil: this is what I wanted to really see for myself; honestly the P365’s felt recoil felt like the Glock 43 to me, maybe – a little softer. I’ve gone through some 43s (7 in the last year and a half). I shoot the gun good, but don’t enjoy shooting it… after 50 rounds I am ready to put it away. The P365 didn’t make me want to put it away after the first box, but then I wouldn’t want to attend a training class with it where I would have to fire 300 or so rounds in a day through it either.

Would I buy a P365 – maybe down the road when I feel that the peening problems and striker breaking problems are resolved I will pick one up. For now, I'm back to my Front Serrations Gen 4 Glock 19 or Glock 26 with a grip reduction/stippling job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
FWIW, my friends PPS is amazing, it's incredibly accurate and easy to handle at 7yrds.

It's fun to shoot too!

I always look forward to shooting it when he comes to the range with me.

He has most of the Walther handguns.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my PPS M2. My total-of-one experience with Walther customer service has been very good. I sent them an email after I first bought it and complained about the 8-rd mag. They contacted me within two hours and said if I'd scan the receipt and email it back they would send me a floorplate and keeper to convert the 8-rd back to 6-rd. Received the package a couple of days later. I'm patiently waiting for a later-production P365 but I have no intention of parting with the PPS...

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my PPS M2 in 9mm. It’s been totally reliable and it’s in my pocket as I type this. If I didnt already have it and a Glock 26 I would probably be interested in the P365. I think I’ll wait a few years for the beta test to be completed on the P365 then maybe pick one up and see if it’s all that.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I’m getting very close to packing away or selling off my striker CCW pistols, and going the P938 or Springfield XD-E hammer route. An HK P30SK might be another option.

I holding on to my problem-free (so far) P365 to see what shakes out, but not carrying it.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a PPS M2. I preferred the feel of it to the G43. I won't buy a P365.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post