SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 vs Glock 43 vs Walther PPS M2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 vs Glock 43 vs Walther PPS M2 Login/Join 
Picture of mcltc
posted Hide Post
Have carried the PPS Classic as my EDC since 2011, before he Shield or G43 were available. Slim, easy to carry, and though the grip was a little TOO slim for me, fit is perfect with Pachymeyer grips for a 2-hand hold. Until the PPQ, my PPS was actually one of my best-shooting guns of any size, though after about 100 rounds, the trigger safety becomes uncomfortable. Didn’t like the G43 - again, TOO slim, torqued in my hands when shooting, too small to get a comfortable two-handed grip. Was afraid the P365 would be the same, and also noted my strong-side thumb naturally fell on the slide lock. Firing it, however, not only did I not have trouble with the gun twisting in my hands like the G43, but I had no problems with slide locking open on an empty mag. Groups were just as good inside 15 yd as my PPS, maybe even a little tighter, so I bought one. Given some of the press about primer drag and striker failures (I’ve noticed the striker drag decrease and almost disappear as I’ve broken in the Sig) and concerns about the trigger bar, I’m not ready to EDC the Sig yet, but if I continue to have no striker drag or mag scratches from the trigger spring after (I dunno, 500 rounds?), I’ll likely begin to work the Sig in to the EDC rotation.

"Nothing ruins a good war story like a good eyewitness" - Annonymous

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcltc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by searay215:

some have complained about the trigger on the Walther? hurting their finger???

I have a PPQ M2 that is flawless.

I think the complaint (which I share) is about the PPS, not the PPQ, trigger. Love both, will shoot the PPQ all day, but the trigger shoe on the PPS is somehow sharper, irritates the pad of my trigger finger after about 100 rds

"Nothing ruins a good war story like a good eyewitness" - Annonymous

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcop143
posted Hide Post
Sig: No experience with it, but from what I’ve read/seen I suspect it may not be ready for prime time.

Walther: It’s my main carry weapon, but it does exhibit some peening on the barrel. I probably have in excess of 750 rounds through this pistol, and it has been flawless. With the Talon rubber grips and Trijicon HD sights it’s a pleasure to shoot. Having 3 different size, factory mags is big plus for me.

Glock: I’ve owned a couple of 43s, and I really like it, but the PPS M2 just felt so much better in my hand. I want to like it more as it would fit perfectly between my other carry pistols, a Glock 42 and Glock 30s. The peening issue with my PPS M2 may be enough to force me to replace it with a 43. Hard to say what problems may arise in the future from that thing beating itself up.

Both the PPS M2 and 43 are exceedingly easy to carry. The 43 may have a slight advantage due to its lighter weight. Glocks are not my first choice, but with all the time and training I have behind them, it’s tough to discount what that brings to the equation.

Posts: 103 | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post