SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This was predictable. Third party P320 grip frames to be released
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This was predictable. Third party P320 grip frames to be released Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
And maybe take Glock magazines too?

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Hey, if someone makes a grip module with a Glock grip angle, that would be most awesome! Big Grin Razz

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want the Glock grip angle with a PPQ or VP9 grip shape and throw some of those Glock mags in there too.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figured that Magpul would have been first given the military contract.

Magpul has the production capabilities being one of the largest to work in this type of polymer. I'd wonder if the company has the facilities of go into production. coming out with a 3 D printed version is not a big deal.

S&W solved their production problems by buying the entire company.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
Would you be willing to sell the X-Five grip?

Think I will keep it around in case my hand grows as I mature (at 72 my wife says I am still a kid!).

Stay a kid as long as you can. Wink

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How about a grip frame with a built in light and/or laser, with the switch in the grip, similar to what Crimson Trace does with their laser grip panel systems. In point of fact, I'd invite CT to get into this market, if their S&W owners would let them.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind having a no-rail P320 with a rounded trigger guard as an option for the full-size, carry, and compact P320.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always fun to speculate, but...

Can just ANYBODY design, manufacture, market and directly sell P320 Grip Frame Modules (GFM) on their own. I have no idea how Sig has patented this stuff, what is possible to patent and how a manufacturer could get around a patent. Does anybody else?

I could see producing it under Sig license as a possibility if it's locked up in patents. Provided Sig agreed. Normal business practice. Maybe it's third party patent lawyers holding up GFM's. So far I find it interesting that nobody has actually brought a GFM to market. In other words, it could be a legal patent issue and not a technological issue. Just tossing out the possibility.

I'm not claiming any expertise here. But, depending on the answers to the above, we could be waiting a long time.

Regarding GFM's, my hopes are fairly modest. No-rail round guard GFM's would make me a happy camper. Like the Sub-Compact Small no-rail currently produced. I've never liked rails, since I have nothing to hang on them and consider them FUGLY. Regardless of your preference, it'd be nice to have a choice.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see rubber insets, like the large SP2022. But with better texture. Maybe not defined finger grooves like the Hogue overmolded, but more like VP9/PPQ.

I'm hoping Hogue gets on it!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see them in metal, either aluminum or stainless.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
They announced it a long while ago.
Still waiting on production tho....

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/lima5-1.html

Perhaps once again waiting until they get an institutional contract?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post