SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This was predictable. Third party P320 grip frames to be released
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This was predictable. Third party P320 grip frames to be released Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
One of the benefits the P320's modular design. Third parties could make grip frames. Now it look like it will happen. I guess the P320 is reaching critical mass.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...ake-sig-p320-frames/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wonder how long until we see a carbine/bullpup chassis. Is it still considered a SBR in that case?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15306 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well hopefully the offer something other than the factory contours already available. I would like to see something along the lines off the X-carry frame.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Wonder how long until we see a carbine/bullpup chassis. Is it still considered a SBR in that case?

No, provided it's over the minimum length. (16+" barrel and 26+" OAL)

You can legally turn a handgun frame into a rifle, and back. You can't turn a rifle into a handgun, though.

There's already stuff like the MechTech carbine conversion units out there, which turn a Glock or 1911 frame into a carbine.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they'll make a grip that mimics the VP9. Eek

One can wish. Smile

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
Well hopefully the offer something other than the factory contours already available. I would like to see something along the lines off the X-carry frame.

I was actually going to start a new thread about the "X" 320 grip frames. Does/is Sig going to sell them by themselves, and do the mags for the standard 320's even work in those frames? I'm waiting on a 320 RX for duty carry, but I like the X-Five grip frame a LOT better than the standard version.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I like the X-Five grip frame a LOT better than the standard version.

The X-5 Grip is more square and was uncomfortable for my small hand at the thumb & forefinger web. So I replaced the X5 grip with a standard medium grip.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Tell me why this would be that interesting. I get that having a bit thicker or thinner grip or one that changed the trigger to web of hand distance would be something. But unless it's customized to your hand, it seems like there could only be cosmetic or minor changes to the shape of the grip frame. Of course, my style sense isn't very good according to my wife. I like basic black pistols, so colors wouldn't attract someone like me.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I am so glad. I figured that Magpul would have been first given the military contract.

The more people that make useful accessories, the better off we the consumer will be.

Now, if ACT or someone would produce magazines.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like pre-marketing hype at the moment. The article says "Strike Industries has announced on its Facebook page that they are working to introduce SIG P320 frames." Roll Eyes

"working to introduce" is a real confidence builder. We'll see...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
This might encourage SIG to produce more of their own grip modules. Availability is better lately but still lacking. An aftermarket module with removable back straps would probably be popular. And I'd still like to see the SIG compact grip module with built in laser.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flat sides, under cut trigger guard and stippled in dark gray or an actual OD green and I would at least try one.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
but I like the X-Five grip frame a LOT better than the standard version.

The X-5 Grip is more square and was uncomfortable for my small hand at the thumb & forefinger web. So I replaced the X5 grip with a standard medium grip.

I have bear paws on the ends of my arms. Wink

Would you be willing to sell the X-Five grip?

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Tell me why this would be that interesting. I get that having a bit thicker or thinner grip or one that changed the trigger to web of hand distance would be something. But unless it's customized to your hand, it seems like there could only be cosmetic or minor changes to the shape of the grip frame. Of course, my style sense isn't very good according to my wife. I like basic black pistols, so colors wouldn't attract someone like me.

Varying grip textures would be the biggest feature. Personally, I'd like to see some without the rails. Laser modules are another no brainer, with embedded activation switches for perfect ergonomics. I could maybe see built in lights, too. Also, don't discount simple changes to geometry or roundness, something more than just "bigger" or "thinner" that can improve the handling, not to mention trigger guard undercuts or modified beaver tails.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, they'd have to come up with something. Those things are cheap for SIG to make, so they can't really be sold for any kind of premium unless they really do something special.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Well, they'd have to come up with something. Those things are cheap for SIG to make, so they can't really be sold for any kind of premium unless they really do something special.

Like incorporate a laser module into the frame itself. That sounds like a novel idea. Smile

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigforever:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Like incorporate a laser module into the frame itself. That sounds like a novel idea. Smile

They announced it a long while ago.
Still waiting on production tho....

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/lima5-1.html

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hey, if someone makes a grip module with a Glock grip angle, that would be most awesome! Big Grin Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you be willing to sell the X-Five grip?

Think I will keep it around in case my hand grows as I mature (at 72 my wife says I am still a kid!).

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Hey, if someone makes a grip module with a Glock grip angle, that would be most awesome! Big Grin Razz

THAT'S funny. Turnabout is fair play... Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post