SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The P365 vs. 3 other 9mm ‘Double Stack’ Sub-Compacts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P365 vs. 3 other 9mm ‘Double Stack’ Sub-Compacts Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
Picked up my P365 yesterday. Ordered it at my gun club last Thursday, the 21st, and was told I was 11th on the list and should expect a 4-6 week wait. Got a call yesterday, the 25th, that my P365 was here. Has a manufacturing date of the June 20th. They are churning these puppies out!

Anyhow, I thought others might like to see how it compares, size wise, to other double stack sub-compacts.

Here’s the P365, a G26, CZ Rami and Sphinx. As can be seen, the Sphinx is the largest, being 13 rounds, where the others are all 10 rounds. As you all know, you can get 12 round mags for the P365. All the others can use mags from their big brothers… G26 can use G19, G17; RAMI can use all the CZ 75 mags, etc.

I enjoy shooting them all. Up until today, when I put 200 rounds through the P365, the RAMI was my favorite over the G26 and Sphinx. If the P365 continues to perform like it did today, it will soon be numero uno. I love the size, sights, accuracy, mild recoil and concealability in my Garrett Silent Thunder holster.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I always appreciate high quality comparison photos. Thanks for posting. I had been wondering about the Sphinx, b/c it's a gun that's a bit under the radar.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Super good size comparison. Thanks for the photos. Man, that Rami is handsome.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great imagery and size comparisons, Thanks Tooky

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I always appreciate high quality comparison photos. Thanks for posting. I had been wondering about the Sphinx, b/c it's a gun that's a bit under the radar.

Agreed. The sphinx line are absolutely beautiful pistols.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at the Sphinx. I might jump.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have been looking at the Sphinx. I might jump.

The Sphinx are definitely terrific pistols. Fit and finish are excellent, living up to the Swiss reputation of fine craftsmanship. The only issue I had was that, early on, the Sub-Compact wouldn’t always eject the spent shell due to how tight it fit in the chamber. I spent some time polishing the chamber and since then (a few years ago) it’s been flawless.

Here’s a couple more photos you might enjoy. You can see the Sub-Compact is really not that much smaller than their Compact.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post