SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grayguns P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grayguns P226 Login/Join 
posted
I just wanted to share my thoughts on my Talo Classic Carry P226, that I sent to GG for their P-PAK.

To make a long story short, I began talking with them back in July of '16, and finally got the call from them in August of this year, that they were ready for me to send in my gun.

They had redesigned the P-PAK, so I got in on the Gen2, and opted to add their adjustable trigger, and SS guide rod.

It's ironic how busy they are, yet you seldom hear anyone talk about the results, which to me is very odd. I had only read one or two comments from people who had this done, so for the most part, I was left to imagining what it might feel like, and luckily, I was quite close.

My stock trigger wasn't bad, but now it's super-smooth, and the DA pull feels a little lighter. The gun came with the SRT, which was short, but this kit integrates with the factory SRT parts, but the reset feels even shorter!

I have a new Dan Wesson A2, which has a great trigger. The SA pull on my 226 now feels amazing, and is surely in the same league as a nice 1911!

I've only ran 100 rounds through it so far, but I've had no issue, and I'm ready to get busy with it, getting more in tune with the reset, and new characteristics, however slight they may be, since it's my carry gun.

I'm glad I did it. If anyone has any questions that I didn't address, feel free to ask.

Thanks to Tyrell at GG, for the great customer service!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the owner of more than a few GGI pistols, 2 original P-Paks, 2 Gen2 action kits and a pair of guns at the secret volcano base all I can say is that the work and parts are excellent. The only part/option I would see at the GGI store is a prepped and polished hammer strut.

I will try to put together a review of the action work I have had done by GGI, Sig Custom Shop, Robert Burke, Gerry of Total Automation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbacker_99,

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
As the owner of more than a few GGI pistols, 2 original P-Paks, 2 Gen2 action kits and a pair of guns at the secret volcano base all I can say is that the work and parts are excellent. The only part/option I would see at the GGI store is a prepped and polished hammer strut.

I will try to put together a review of the action work I have had done by GGI, Sig Custom Shop, Robert Burke, Gerry of Total Automation.

I'm looking forward to your comments, thanks.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed the Gray P-SPAK Gen2 Competition kit. Simple installation and the trigger pull is smooth & function is flawless. Resulting trigger pull is now 8lbs DA and 3lbs SA. Only note is a change in breakdown steps. Instead of just pulling off the slide you have to decock the hammer to free the slide. The new sear changed the trigger bar geometry so that it gets caught on the slide during breakdown. Not a big deal.

I opted for the kit vs having work done on my gun so that I could reverse it if necessary in the future. I also chose the competition kit vs duty kit as a) I wanted a more noticeable change in trigger pull and b) this is a range/competition/class gun and not used for CCW or home defense although the observed pull weights are well within the averages of my carry guns. The platform is a MK25 with this P-SPAK Comp kit + P-SAIT trigger + E2 grip.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought my gun was broke when we opened it up at the gun shop, (slide not coming off). Finally called Tyrell, and he explained about using the decocker, so all is well.

I've shot 250 rounds through it since picking it up on Sat, and it's been great.

My other 226R, is totally stock, and the trigger feels pretty bad by comparison. I wish I could afford to send all of our Sigs to them for this work.