SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    XD-S Mod 2 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XD-S Mod 2 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I am considering picking up a XD-S Mod 2 9mm. For those of you that have experience with the Mod 2 version, I have a few questions.

Is the grip safety improved and easier to engage?

How does shooting the Mod 2 compare to the Glock 43?

What has your experience with reliability been?

Does the 9mm fit .45 Mod 2 holsters ? Safariland has a mini ALS for guns like the G43 and Shield. For the XD-S Mod 2, they only list a .45 holster. I am wondering if it would work for the 9mm.

Thank you for your time.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to bump this, hope that's ok.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The Mod 2 has a number of improvements over its predecessor. Undercut trigger, slightly larger beaver tail and Lower bore. My experience is with the original XD-S which is a softer shooter than the Glock 43. As for holsters, I suspect the 9 would fit the 45 holster, albeit slightly loose. The best thing is to try the holster firsthand before buying. Good luck!

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I have a kydex holster from some local company for my .45 XD-S first generation that fits my 9mm XD-S Mod.2 just fine.

The XD-S 9mm Mod.2 is a good pistol. My only two complaints on it is a get a little bit of slide nibble with it and the trigger is rather mushy.

I shot my XD-S 9mm Mod.2 head to head with my Walther PPS M2 and definitely prefer the Walther over the XD-S. Much better trigger and no slide nibble.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies!