SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My 220 collection grew by one more tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 220 collection grew by one more tonight Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
For some stupid reason I was browsing Gunbroker and Armslist last night and typed in Sig P220. It's my favorite gun of all time. I wasn't looking to buy anything, really Cool

I came across this gun and the price was what I considered more than fair.

I went and checked it out after work today and it's everything I had hoped it was. Triple serial numbers that match along with matching box and test target. It's a KB which puts it around 1991.

The gun has been fired a lot and has some slide wear, but for a 25+ year old gun, I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great buy! I just bought a 1988 p226 and it had 3X the wear that your gun has. These are the Sigs I am always looking for. No rails or tails.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
KB SIGs, my favorites. Congrats.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than a plain Jane P-220. You just don't need anything else, IMO.

Congratulations on a nice addition.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Nice one. I think I bought my first P220 around '91. I do recall the serial number was in the G180XXX range, and it had the spur hammer.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice looking .45 you have.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Very nice P220. I love those pre-1994 SIGs that came in those small cardboard boxes.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Here she is with new Trijicon sights along with my 320 compact 45 which received new night sights as well.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Looks great!
Am I the only one stupid enough to think the first picture was actually a video, and clicked on it to play?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Looks great!
Am I the only one stupid enough to think the first picture was actually a video, and clicked on it to play?

Thank you! Also, lol, I thought the same thing about the picture when I found the ad on Armslist.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:

Thanks for pointing that out. I tried, but it looks like the player malfunctions. Ha ha ha.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You too Remmy, what are you going to do with that old thing ? Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You too Remmy, what are you going to do with that old thing ? Big Grin

Ha! It'll get plenty of range time David.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I had a spur hammer Model P220 and 3 BDAs. Nice pistols they are.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post