SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any EAA .38 Super fans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any EAA .38 Super fans Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
I have taken a real likin' to the .38 Super.

Does anyone have any experience with the EAA .38 Super?

While I like the 1911 .38 Supers, I shoot my P-220 .38 Super even better.

I just wonder if there is something better out there.

Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't had the opportunity to handle one. The 38s I have are a 2011, P220s, and a Glock.

Hopefully someone can fill us in.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I've got one. It's OK - Witness pistols are pretty good. When I get a "round tuit" I'll sell it. I have a few 2011s in 38 super, and I never carry it. (It was to be my beater, in an tough environment, but we don't really have that environment in the new facility.)

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have had one for several decades now.

These are probably 20 years old by now.

The one with the black trigger is the 38 SUPER while the other is 45ACP. The EAA staff used to shoot at my Uncle Hal's range down i North Miami. So they did these up for me back then

If I were buying one off the shelf today, I would go for something in the Elite lineup. For a range gun I am a big fan of the Limited. I like how that full length dust cover looks on the CZ patterned pistols

Mine is chambered in 10MM Auto, but I have often toyed with the idea of one in 38 SUPER or possibly even taking it to 9x23 Winchester Smile

Though the Stock II would be very nice if I were considering carrying the firearm.

As you already know, it is hard to beat a P220 chambered in 38 SUPER for accuracy (lower left)

The Witness with it's steel frame will soak up recoil and make the 38 SUPER a pussycat to shoot and you gain double the magazine capacity of the P220

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How is EAA's customer service with warranty and past-warranty repairs?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
How is EAA's customer service with warranty and past-warranty repairs?
I can not help you too much in that area RichardC

I currently own 6 EAA Witness pistols including the three pictured above. Not to mention others that have been bought and sold over the years.

In close to 3 decades of shooting them I have never had to make use of their repair services

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post