SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Enhanced Elite issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Enhanced Elite issue Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
This is the first issue I’ve ever had with a P22X weapon in my life. I picked this up a few days ago. It was supposed to have the short reset trigger from the factory according to the box.

When I inspected the weapon, I did several dry fires and trigger resets. It felt like it did not have the SRT kit installed. No worries as I can install it and it’s around 40 bucks. Paid 700 with 3 15 round mags. It’s in really really nice shape.

It was typical of folks around here weapons that are filthy. I broke it down, cleaned and lubed it properly. That’s when I noticed the safety lever and sear were identical to what I’ve been installing over the last few years. I found that if I dry fire the weapon, hold the trigger to the rear and slowly manipulate the slide forward, it does not reset properly. Almost goes fully forward before it resets. If I slam home the slide, it resets like an SRT does.

Did some reading on this and Sig has said if it doesn’t happen in live fire, it’s not an issue. My M11A-1, P229 Classic Carry (after SRT install) and my P229R all reset no matter how slow I manipulate the slide.

Fast forward to this mornings range session. I brought 300 rounds. Fired 45 before I stopped. Felt like I had a light primer strike on round 5 or 6. Hammer fell but no bang. Pulled the round and not a single dent. Re-chambered the round and bang. 10-12 rounds later, click. Quickly released trigger, racked round and no dent on primer. Not even a scuff. The 3rd time it did it, I was watching the weapon. After the DA bang, it was not resetting like it should. It went forward to what felt like DA and then I pulled the trigger. Hammer fell but no bang.

The weapon is doing the same (not resetting like an SRT should) in live fire. After 45 rounds, I packed up and left.

Does this sound like a bad SRT kit? Trigger bar, sear all look normal.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post