SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Larger Glock 20 Slide Stop Lever??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larger Glock 20 Slide Stop Lever?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Shot my Glock 20 for the first time and quickly realized I’d like a bigger slide stop lever.
It is a new gun so a little stiff but I am presuming that with the frame being a fair amount wider than my 17 I would prefer a bigger lever.
I felt like I had to move my grip slightly to get my thumb in a good spot to really put solid pressure on it. I don’t have to do that with the 17 and did not have to even when that gun was new.

I know Glock makes one from the factory for some guns. Guessing that is an option, any others I should look at?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I prefer to stick with factory made parts.

I've had some cheap extended lever that came on my used G17 and although it worked, the spring was loose at the crimp.

Vickers also has a lever that I'm sure is top quality, but it seems to be only extended outward and not longer, so if you have a hard time reaching the factory one, it will most likely be the same

https://www.glockmeister.com/E...s/productinfo/G1034/

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Glock extended release on mine. Works great.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vickers makes a good one; I use them on all my Glocks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same issue with my 21. I also have a 17 and had a 19. I really like the standard slide stop on the 17 and have no issues with manipulating it. I am considering the Vickers Tactical extended slide stop as it is basically the same style and shape as the standard OEM. It just extends further from the slide and frame. Most other manufacturers have some type of nub stamped into their extended stop to make manipulation easier. I don’t care for this type, including Glock’s offering. If you like the standard stop on your 17 you might want to check out the Vickers Tactical offering.

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the factory extended one the most, but have tried a couple aftermarket ones. The Vickers is probably tops of the aftermarket, but the Glock extended is my pick. Probably the cheapest, too.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Vickers is for all Glocks but the 10mms.

————————————————

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
https://www.glockmeister.com/V...ductinfo/VTSS%2D001/

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Confusing Web page.

Product headline doesn't mention Glock 20...the Detailed Description below the pic says available for G20 but not Gen5 anythings.

Tangodown doesn't show G20 availability either.
https://tangodown.com/shop/vic...lide-stop-for-glock/

Simple solution. Call Glockmeister for clarification.

It's a great product, I have them on my Glocks. Adds zero extra bulk. The top is slightly enlarged just enough to provide reliable manipulation.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Noticed that. Rock Your Glock shows the same headline on their offering but GM does say that the Vickers fits a G20 in their description. Sellers probably cut and paste Vickers headline. As it is easy to converse a G21 to a G20 and back, is there any difference in the frames?

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

From the Vickers Tactical website:

Vickers Tactical Slide Stop VTSS-001
By TangoDown

Vickers Tactical® presents the optimum slide stop for Glock™. Having difficulty executing fast reloads with the OEM slide stop? ‘Extended’ style slide stops locking the slide back prematurely? Try the VTSS and never look back. Extensive prototyping and testing create a shape that enables positive slide lock and release, especially with gloves. Gunfights are unforgiving, why chance a reload fumble when the consequences are clear. Precision stamped and formed from 4130 chrome moly steel with durable hard coat finish for years of service. We recommend professional gunsmith installation only. Fits Glock™ models G17, 17L, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 and 41

Features:

– Reshaped thumb pad with deep serrations allows easy slide release & lock with gloves

– Precision stamped from 4130 chrome moly steel with non-glare black hard coat finish

– Fits the majority of Glock™ pistols

The TangoDown product page for VTSS-001 has the same description, word for word.

Note the missing models: G20, G29 and G40. Glockmeister's product description is technically correct in claiming that the slide stop will fit on a G20, but that's a bit like listening to a snake oil salesman. Just because it fits DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED FOR THE TASK. Glockmeister's best interests does not necessarily coincide with those of yours or mine.

This is one of those use at your own peril moments. There will be no further warning.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with Pat at Tango Down, paraphrasing he said that Glock gave the G20 slide stop a different part number to track sales and possible failure rate in this high powered polymer handgun. TD will not invest time/money to verify a $18 products compatibility. Their measurements of the part show no differences. He also gave examples of customers using the part without problems. Obviously, without in-house testing they will not warranty the part, user beware.

NRA
Georgia Carry

posted Hide Post
I have the Vickers part on my G20, G29, and G40; it's the part for the G21, G41, etc, on which I also have the Vickers part.

There is no additional stress on the part. It's got a spring to hold it down, and it's pushed up by an empty magazine or the thumb. There's no additional slide load. There is no additional stress on the part on the G20 vs. the G21.

I wouldn't exactly call the 10mm "high powered." It's not a rifle cartridge.

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have the Vickers part on my G20, G29, and G40; it's the part for the G21, G41, etc, on which I also have the Vickers part.

There is no additional stress on the part. It's got a spring to hold it down, and it's pushed up by an empty magazine or the thumb. There's no additional slide load. There is no additional stress on the part on the G20 vs. the G21.

I wouldn't exactly call the 10mm "high powered." It's not a rifle cartridge.

I think I specifically specified a “polymer handgun”. Is “high powered” limited to rifle description only?

NRA
Georgia Carry

posted Hide Post
Whatever.

Handguns aren't high powered, until they get into rifle cartridges.

There's nothing that impacts the use of the Vickers part in a G20 over a G21.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
It's a universal part. (as far as double stack mag frames go*)
The Glock factory ext slide stop (one I prefer) in my 41 is the exact same part as the one in my 26. I just changed them to be sure...yep, still the same part.

*Obviously the 42 and 43 have a different gen5ish type slide stop. Don't know about the 36, don't have one.

quote:
from Soggy: Note the missing models: G20, G29 and G40. Glockmeister's product description is technically correct in claiming that the slide stop will fit on a G20, but that's a bit like listening to a snake oil salesman. Just because it fits DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED FOR THE TASK.

Again, it's a universal part until you get into REAL design changes like 42, 43 & gen5s. If it fits, it will get in the way of the mag follower and keep the slide back. No snake oil, no need to overthink it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I have the opposite problem with most modern slide stops. After shooting 1911s extensively, I shoot thumbs forward. I find the modern pistols with "extended" slide stops tend to get in the way of my natural grip. It's almost as if modern HKs, Walthers, etc. were designed by engineers who didn't shoot much. But that's just me. As far as Glocks go, I like the standard slide stops just fine.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Same here, part works fine for me.
I also have the Vickers and as noted, does not provide extension, though it does provide positive function.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have the Glock extended release on mine. Works great.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Swung by the LGS they had the Glock part in stock figured I would just grab one of those?
$5 figure I can always try the Vickers later of this does not help.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
The reason that I switched to Vickers levers was actually the Glock extended levers. I'd had them on all my Glock pistols, and discovered my tendency to lock the slide back early by tipping the extended slide stop lever with my thumb.

The Vickers changes are subtle, but enough that I found them worthwhile. They do not hinder the function of the firearm, and cannot, due to the nature of the part.

I also use the vickers magazine release. Glock makes a standard, and an extended; the Vickers is mid-length and nicely rounded. The same rounding can be accomplished on the Glock extended, with a little time and some abrasive paper, but I find the Vickers product simple, fully functional and identical internally in the weapon to OEM, and just short enough to not inadvertently activate the mag release, and long enough to make activation easy with minimal shift in grip. Again, a subtle change, but worth the addition, in my opinion.

I use the Vickers part in the Gen 4, though it's different in design and function, is still a subtle improvement.