SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a glock g45.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a glock g45. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
It’s basically a black 19x or 19 slide with 17 frame. It has front cocking serrations and no half moon cut on the frontstrap and no finger grooves. I wasn’t really interested in the gun until I held it. It is very balanced and shoots great. Kind of like a commander sized gun.

Trijicon HDs are on the way. I like that it fits my 19 holsters but with more capacity. The marksman barrel seems pretty accurate too.

Anybody else got one? How are you liking it?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I picked one up a couple months back. It's my favorite Glock.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Not only my favorite Glock, it has become my favorite pistol. Smile

You will certainly enjoy it!

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I wish they made this configuration in .45acp that took the G21 mags.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
GREAT fucking pistol. I rage purchased one back when the leftists were trying to torpedo Kavanaugh - one of the great impulse buys I have made.

I still carry my G19.4 but I have thought about trying the G45. Mine has Ameriglo Agents from Brownells, but they are the Gen4 version which printed better for me (tried the Gen 5 sights but didn't like them, hit too low). Some Talon grips like on the rest of my Glocks and it's been good to go. Only about 750rds through it (haven't been shooting pistols enough).

The G19 feels good in my hand, but the G45 just locks in tighter, with the pinky finger having that extra leverage, even if spread out just a bit more.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I went from one to three, if you count the 19X too, pretty frigging quick. It’s rapidly become my favorite size.

I sent one 45 off to milled by Agency for it’s AOS cut and will do the other one next and I’ll keep the 19X stock.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention that I already had the ambi slide stop chopped off. Being a lefty, I’m not used to it and rode it every single time.

Along with the new sights, also have a grip plug coming. May consider some talon grips down the road.

Also, is it just me or can you actually load the gen 5 mags to capacity without much hassle? The older mags were really difficult and I Always downloaded them one round.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've had my G45 since they first showed up and my dealer. I really like it. 2 of my neighbors bought their own after shooting mine.
I may get a second one when and if I can find one eventually. (I need to swing by the Blue Label dealer)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just cuz this thread needs pics. Wink
When I carry it I usually do so in a Bravo Concealment OWB holster but I've actually carried it in their torsion IWB as well under a tucked in polo and even though the grip is a tad longer than my M&P or a G19 it didn't print too bad and was very comfortable.

posted Hide Post
Bought a pair several months back. Replaced my long time G19 for EDC. As mentioned above the G45 has a great balance.

Had the slides milled for RMR's, Johnny Glock trigger shoes, Ghost Evo connectors, Jager guide rods/15lb springs.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My favorite Glock. I own two of them. Without front serrations.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm still a 19/17/34 dude. Starting to gravitate back towards the 34 more than the other two. But, I can't see a problem with the 45 as an option.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The perfect glock in the current product line. Since I don't give a hoot about barrel length using an RMR its perfect. I'm milled both a 19x and a 45 and that's nearly all I am shooting right now.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm still a 19/17/34 dude. Starting to gravitate back towards the 34 more than the other two. But, I can't see a problem with the 45 as an option.

Have you had a chance to go play with one yet? I'd like to hear how you feel it compares to the 19 and 17.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
It’s basically a black 19x or 19 slide with 17 frame. It has front cocking serrations and no half moon cut on the frontstrap and no finger grooves. I wasn’t really interested in the gun until I held it. It is very balanced and shoots great. Kind of like a commander sized gun.

Trijicon HDs are on the way. I like that it fits my 19 holsters but with more capacity. The marksman barrel seems pretty accurate too.

Anybody else got one? How are you liking it?

The G45 is a true Gen 5 and has several features that the G19X does not have including the Breech Face Cut which throws the empty cases much better than all previous Glocks.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got issued a new G45 9mm for duty, replacing our early Gen 4 G17s. I could not be happier. The lack of recoil just astonishes me, as does the balance.

I put 250 rounds through it yesterday with no malfunctions and shot a couple of LE qualifiers. I scored 487/500 on our state course because I suck, my eyes suck, and I'm old; but I sucked less and did manage to shoot a perfect 50/50 on our police academy course, so there was that. The G45 is very capable. The shooter, not so much.

I've been carrying Glocks since 1992 and trust the brand, but this is a whole new handgun. I always say, "A Glock is a Glock is a Glock," but this one has the potential to be truly special.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do. Really liking the mullet gun.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Color me envious. I have a G17 and like the G17 grip more than the G19 with regard to my hand size. Therefore, I want a mullet Glock, either G45 or G19x. Seems like the best traits of the G19 and G17 in one pistol IMO.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I like mine shoot it well to put some agent ameriglow sights on it which made it even better.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock 45 with Ameriglo Bold sights is my favorite handgun. I like it so much that I have a second one waiting for me at the gun shop.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post