SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who to send Glock slide off for milling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who to send Glock slide off for milling? Login/Join 
posted
Who do we like to mill a Glock for a red dot? I know I could go the MOS route, and I may, but just checking out all my options.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are local for me, but I did a slide at Suarez International in AZ. Quick, very clean job, price was along with everyone else.
I was happy. He's big into red dot guns for carry.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
ATEI. They are the best in the business.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATEI is pretty good indeed, I just had my Gen4 19 done by them. A bit longer than what the website says for lead time, although I had serrations done too so maybe that took some time.

There is ton of shops that do it, and they do good work. You've to look into details and see what you want. Pocket depth varies from .100 by Parker Mountain to 0.125 by Jagerwerks to 0.145 by ATEI to 0.165 by Maple Leaf (that's my personally collected unverified info, you may want to confirm). Some do with bosses, some with screw studs, some just a pocket. Agency AOS plate has both bosses and screw studs. Turnaround times are different; Primary Machine gets then done in about one week. Additional work options are different.
Within last year I had different slides milled for different optics by Primary Machine, ATEI, L&M Precision, and Maple Leaf. If you end up zeroing on one of those and want an opinion, hit me up with a pm.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I've had Parker Mountain Machine do a ton of glocks across various models (17,19,19x G4/G5 etc.) and many others (HK,SIG,1911 to name a few) and highly recommend them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Atei is doing an RMR on a 19x for me right now. Should have it back in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Jagerworks did mine and did a great job.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ben Simonson at Boresight Solutions in Florida. The dude is the best in the business. Unreal work!!!

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Had mine done by Maple Leaf and was impressed with the work. Bosses milled in and the prices are fair. Even better with some patience and waiting for a sale. Turn around was a little longer than expected but still inside 30 days with refinishing.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark Housel at L&M precision has done two for me. No complaints at all.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
L&M does great work.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L&M indeed does good work, I had him mill a G19x for a Unity plate, excellent work. I don't think he mills bosses for direct installs though, or does he these days?

quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
Had mine done by Maple Leaf and was impressed with the work. Bosses milled in and the prices are fair. Even better with some patience and waiting for a sale. Turn around was a little longer than expected but still inside 30 days with refinishing.

I agree, their's was a pleasant surprise. I went with them just on a basis of most pocket depth, I really don't like shallow pockets. There are some things that come with such a deep pocket that need to be addressed but nothing insurmountable. I'd take them over ATEI and Primary Machine, the two other shops I had a direct mill work done by.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some really good info so far. Thanks everyone.

Still researching and another one that has come up is Battlewerx. Anyone used them?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
L&M indeed does good work, I had him mill a G19x for a Unity plate, excellent work. I don't think he mills bosses for direct installs though, or does he these days?
This was a few years ago and I don't see why he wouldn't still do this.
https://youtu.be/8dnXUU1ennA

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Mod1 Firearms
http://mod1firearms.com

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post