SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Project P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project P320 Login/Join 
posted
Let me start off with saying that I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, that is ok. I wanted to build a budget custom P320 and I set a budget of 700 with an optic. I was able to shop around a get some good deals over the past year and I was able to come in under my set budget. I did something similar 2 years ago with a G19 and I had a good time.

First I picked up a P320 Legion FCU, I did not change a thing on it. The trigger has a 4-4.5lbs pull. Next I picked up an unfinished P320 pro cut slide and sent it off to Brazen firearms here in ohio to finish the slide in a unpolished TiN. I added a Sig threaded barrel and then swapped out the Sig Xray sights for a set of sig surpessor height night sights. The grip is a FDE XCompact grip that I had Brazen Firearms stipple. Lastly I mounted a Leupold Delta Point pro to the slide.

All and all I am happy with the way it came out. The color combo is something I saw on another gun a little bit ago and I thought it was unique. It is quite flashy and gets a lot of looks at the range. But it is not going to sit in the safe, I plan on shooting it a ton this year.

Sorry for the delay, here are some poor quality cell phone pictures. I included some pictures beside last years G19 project.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Well, good for you if it makes you happy.
I'm so conservative with firearms appearance I don't even like stainless or chrome.

I have to say that both pistols are pretty cool in a "space age" way.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done !
Where did you find the Legion FCU ?

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

There is something about the contrasting TiN that sets it apart. Are the ZEV and Sig barrels threaded the same and waiting for a can? Big Grin

FWIW, I tried the same thing a while back making a custom Glock 19. I wasn't able to stay below what I had hoped to spend, so you did better than I did in that regard...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
Well done !
Where did you find the Legion FCU ?

I got a really good deal on a used P320 Legion locally. I sold off the parts that I did not want and kept the FCU. I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I would have kept it if I didn't already have a P320 X5 and X5 Legion.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

There is something about the contrasting TiN that sets it apart. Are the ZEV and Sig barrels threaded the same and waiting for a can? Big Grin

FWIW, I tried the same thing a while back making a custom Glock 19. I wasn't able to stay below what I had hoped to spend, so you did better than I did in that regard...

The two barrels do not match, I only wish they did.

I ran into the same problem with the G19 staying under budget. I did all of the frame work (finger groove removal and stipple work) myself. It save me a bunch and i was lucky to find a second hand new RMR that someone bought for a project and then changed their mind. Because of those two things i was able to come under budget on the G19.

With both of these projects I looked at them like a hobby and just kept my eyes peeled for good deals.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I got lost in the what-ifs. Thought about a grip reduction, that lead into wanting a plug style weight, them removing the cavity all together. A Salient BLU-C frame presented itself. TiN controls and barrel. Trijicon RMR... yeah, what budget?

The only Glock made part in the whole thing is the magazine tube.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brazen does a great job with their coatings and like the TiN color. I have to send my other barrel to them after reading this.

Great job on the finger groove area on the Sig. What did you use to get the surface smooth under the trigger guard?

Nice texturing on the Glock. I did mine as the frame had some scratches on it and figured how hard could it be. After about the 30 minute mark, I thought what have I done? I didn't realize how long it took to do the texturing with a soldiering iron. I feel your pain.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I got lost in the what-ifs. Thought about a grip reduction, that lead into wanting a plug style weight, them removing the cavity all together. A Salient BLU-C frame presented itself. TiN controls and barrel. Trijicon RMR... yeah, what budget?

The only Glock made part in the whole thing is the magazine tube.

You are not kidding, when you are building a Glock from the ground up, your budget can get out of hand fast. I started with a stripped G19 gen3 frame and built from there. I don't think there is one glock part besides the frame. It is a great shooter and I have put 2-3k rounds through it with out an issue.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Brazen does a great job with their coatings and like the TiN color. I have to send my other barrel to them after reading this.

Great job on the finger groove area on the Sig. What did you use to get the surface smooth under the trigger guard?

Nice texturing on the Glock. I did mine as the frame had some scratches on it and figured how hard could it be. After about the 30 minute mark, I thought what have I done? I didn't realize how long it took to do the texturing with a soldiering iron. I feel your pain.

I cannot speak highly enough about brazen firearms. They did amazing work and it was about a 2 week turnaround to finish the slide and stipple the frame. On top of that it was only $70 for the slide and $80 for the grip. They did everything with the grip, I just dropped off a new in package Xcompact grip and trusted they would make it look good. I have a barrel that I will be dropping off soon to get their black TiN finish on.

Grinding and stippling the glock frame was a little intimidating so I bought 3 stripped frames just in case I messed up. Smile I got lucky and got the first one done right so now I have 2 more frames sitting in the safe ready for a future build. Once you get the hang of it you can knock out a frame in about 3 hours.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Castor Troy would approve!

Very nice man.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess it wouldn't be much fun without pictures. Here is mine:

posted Hide Post
38supersig, that is one good looking Glock. Good work with everything and very nice picture!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir!